Product Owner -API
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US or Canada
At XE, we live currencies. We provide a comprehensive range of currency services and products, including our Currency Converter, Market Analysis, Currency Data API and quick, easy, secure Money Transfers for individuals and businesses. We leverage technology to deliver these services through our website, mobile apps and over the phone. Last year, we helped nearly 300 million people access information about the currencies that matter to them and over 150,000 people used us to send money overseas. Thousands of businesses relied on us for information about the currency markets, advice on managing their foreign exchange risk or trusted us with their business-critical international payments. At XE, we share the belief that behind every currency exchange, query or transaction is a person or business trying to accomplish something important, so we work together to develop new and better currency services that put our customers first. We are proud to be part of Euronet Worldwide (Nasdaq: EEFT), a global leader in processing secure electronic financial transactions. Under Euronet, we have brought together our key brands – XE, HiFX and Currency Online– to become the business that XE is today. During 2018 we completed an external rebrand to XE.
We are looking for an experienced API Product Manager to help define and implement our high-level vision and strategy for RIA/ XE products and services with an API first approach. The API product manager will assess the current state of our developer experience, API platform, internal and external APIs and help shape our future state by creating and owning a roadmap and plan for our overall API estate.
This position will work closely with our Core Product line managers, platform engineering, API governance, developer relations and other functions as the voice of the customer as a developer. This position will have far reaching impact within RIA/ XE and will establish RIA/ XE’s API ecosystem.
A successful candidate for this role has regularly shipped consumer or enterprise products (ideally on API related fields), blends the strategic with the tactical through roadmaps and user stories, and is well versed on the world of APIs and headless integrations. This role will interface with all levels of the organization, so great communication skills are essential.
What you'll do:
- Lead the build out of our RIA/ XE developer platform for our client and partner eco system
- Ensure that we cultivate our API-first culture across all company developments, managing the API catalogue, ensuring RIA teams adhere to standards for net new APIs
- Focus on growing our Product API eco system
- Act as the product liaison to the API governance team within platform engineering to provide "API as a product" vision and direction
- Help product managers and engineers define and review API specifications consistent with enterprise API standards such as OpenAPI
- Evangelize API first product development mindset throughout product development lifecycle within Product organization
- Gather customer and partner feedback on API usage, adoption, and identify opportunities to improve or build new capabilities to increase API adoption
- Build and maintains Agile (Scrum / Sprint) team backlog, with input from customer/partners and internal stakeholders such as product managers, architects, engineering, and other stakeholders
- Review and prioritizes Agile Team backlog for Iteration (Sprint) Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other Product Owners
- Drive the creation of API bundles segmented according to each developer community the program wants to serve
- Collaborate with cloud infrastructure teams and other stakeholders to define API Gateway standards, rules, policies API first guidance, and best practices
- Promote both the best developer and user experiences possible. This includes everything from beautiful documentation to basic outreach, from error codes to code distribution — everything should be designed to help build a community
- Develops professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal networks; participates in professional societies.
- Demonstrated successful digital product ownership and management experience
- Experience defining business requirements and/or writing stories for software development (for both front-end UI and for API integrations) in consumer facing products
- Strong collaboration capability to capture requirements, challenge thinking and leverage resources
- Able to create drive, energy, engagement and activity to deliver change initiatives
- Strong written and verbal communication and influencing skills to create widespread engagement with the product strategy Data driven and able to cut through complexity and ambiguity to identify high impact opportunities, informed decisions, and simple solutions
- Proven experience launching successful digital products and features, preferably on multiple platforms including iOS, Android and Web
- Customer focused, user-centric mindset with an ability to build engaging user flows, thinking of new ways to engage and excite users
- Strong data analysis skills to make informed decisions
- Must have worked cross-functionally in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent multitasking and problem-solving abilities
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: US or Canada.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈