4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Egypt
The Big Picture
We have developed a cloud based SaaS product that has proved successful in the MENA region and Turkey and currently are in the process of acquiring clients from the USA and south east Asia.
We have developed with our technology partners (SilkBytes) a scalable software service that continuously tracks and takes down pirates on different social media and social video platforms. Furthermore, we are developing new products to enable our clients (VODs and global content creators) to create, distribute and monetize their digital media content.
This role will be part of SilkBytes team which is the technology arm for Digisay. As a Product Owner you will own the product development side report directly to the CEO.
- Your responsibilities include analyzing, collecting, structuring, and prioritizing functional and non-functional requirements
- Being responsible for the development and support of products from conception to go-live incl. success control in an agile development environment
- Your challenge is to provide enough autonomy and support to the product to enable quick action while aligning the technical efforts and building a positive and efficient tech-culture
- As a product visionary, you develop the product vision and product roadmap derived from the business objectives
- Being the central contact for all relevant stakeholders and prioritize new product ideas and functionalities
- Continuously review the business needs, assess value, develop cases, refine priorities, outline milestones and deliverables, and identify opportunities and risks
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Leads the product functional design process based on an intimate knowledge of the users and technology.
- Define and own KPIs to measure progress and enable continuous improvement
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Works with cross-functional teams and various stakeholders, including data science, design/user experience, engineering, and operations
- 2 - 4 years of relevant professional experience in the Product area - i.e. as Product Manager or Owner
- Degree in computer science / engineering or a similar field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Capability to build, improve and maintain processes
- Open and constructive discussion culture.
- Ability to to follow company specific communication protocols and processes and also balance giving constructive and critical feedback of existing processes to improve them.
- Experience in building and running a global SaaS product
- Confident handling of tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Sound understanding of data and ability to interpret usage data from web analytics and/or BI and derive the right conclusions from it is a big plus
- Strong technical expertise (microservices, APIs, software frameworks) – previous experience as a developer or similar is an advantage
- Enjoy solving tricky problems by breaking them down into manageable chunks
- Experience successfully driving end-to-end delivery of data and intelligence solutions, including a wide variety of mechanisms, e.g. dashboards, APIs, real time alerts, etc.
We are looking for individuals that are willing to DRIVE teams, innovation and organizations. Individuals that are willing to LEARN and are curious by nature. Individuals with the right ATTITUDE/MINDSET and the willingness to admit when they are wrong. Individuals who are willing to critically think and question everything and who possess this rare quality of trying to solve problems in a scalable manner than just quick fixes. We are looking for someone who adds value to us because we will add value to them.
This job is hybrid (remote+on prem) and/or pure remote.
Duties, tasks and responsibilities may change over time to reflect changes and growth of the company's state. The company reserves the rights to update the job description in consultation with the employee. All employees are expected to comply with the policies, rules, procedures set by the company.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Egypt.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈