1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Australia Only
Employment Hero is one of the fastest-growing Australian tech SaaS start-ups, and it's on a mission to make employment easier and more rewarding for everyone. We're the market leader in our space and we're entering an exciting period of growth.
We like to think of ourselves as a dynamic business that challenges the status quo and sets the benchmark for others to follow. You'll be part of an open, team-oriented and rewards-based culture where your input is encouraged and your success is rewarded!
We're on the lookout for a standout Product Owner to complement our existing team and fulfil our product strategy. This role will see you join a progressive company at the forefront of HR, Payroll, Recruitment, Onboarding, Benefits, Employee Engagement & Performance technologies with the opportunity to grow and develop with us. You will be an integral part of our Product team consisting of Designers, Engineers and Product experts; and the team you'll be joining is smart and ambitious!
Product Ownership & Delivery
- Responsible for the delivery of the product vision and its success
- Translate the product vision and roadmap through to delivery, operation and continuous improvement
- Monitor and adapt the product vision and roadmap as constraints are identified, whilst staying true to the product vision
- Apply a strategic mindset to user story prioritisation and delivery
- Balance business goals, client expectations and customer desirability with what can feasibly be delivered (technically and within available time and budget)
- Represent the client, customer and brand in decision-making prioritisation during release and sprint planning
- Assist client product owners and client product managers during prioritisation sessions
- Able to identify, filter and prioritise customer complaints and feedback
Collaboration and Team Management
- Collaborate with designers and product leadership team to plan, undertake and input results of testing and performance measurement into future release and roadmap planning
- Work with our UI Designer to ensure interface designs appropriately meet the wireframes, user stories and acceptance tests
- Collaborate with Technical Architects and Developers to ensure the product vision and designed solutions are feasible and viable
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop launch collateral with the aim of educating and sharing Product’s vision with customers and prospects alike
- Collaborate with Professional Services and Support teams to create rollout and implementation plans for existing customers, while tending support tickets as the SME
- Concisely explain ideas, issues or project status to key stakeholders and the wider organisation at an appropriate level of business or technical detail
- Ensure product requirements are gathered accurately and are communicated transparently to the product squad
- Be able to host, conduct and articulate presentations to the whole organisation, including C-level execs, as well as corporate partners and external customers
- Undergraduate qualifications (Business Systems, IT or Engineering disciplines preferred)
- Minimum 3+ years relevant work experience as a Product Owner or in product management
- Able to write well-defined specifications to clearly communicate expected product outcomes
- Proven success working with development teams using agile/scrum methodology
- Track record of being able to critically analyse data samples and produce sensible insights to fuel product initiatives
- Able to challenge expectations and question the status quo on a day-to-day basis
- Experience working with big data (Is a plus!)
- Hungry, creative, enthusiastic, and data-driven with a diverse skill set to thrive in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Have strong communication, presentation and listening skills
- Possess excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about data and product management
- Self, health, wealth, happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
**When COVID restrictions lift, for those who come to our Hub to work:
- Friday drinks in our fancy in-office bar
- Daily breakfast & lunch
- Lunchtime personal training sessions
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Australia Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈