3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
What you’ll do
In a few words…
Ownership is a tricky concept. Most people think ownership is about possession or a name on a piece of paper that states that something belongs to someone. But at Abarca, product owner is much more than someone who owns a particular product. At Abarca the product owners literally assume responsibility for making their product work, adapt, and be the best it can be for our clients. It’s more akin to being a parent than an actual owner. You need sharp attention to detail and observational skills that rival those of Madam Curie to help you understand and see what others can’t. You will be working in the analysis phase of the requirements/system development cycle. That means you will be a product analyst that consults with users to determine business requirements, identify operating procedures, evaluate existing or proposed systems, and prepare specifications from which programs will be written. Defining business processes is a natural part of that. Are you ready to own it?
The fundamentals for the job…
- You will create, update, enhance, or refine business requirements documents (BRDs)
- Create, update, enhance, or refine use and test cases
- Translate ideas into requirements (Hint: Google won’t help you here.)
- Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts
- Talk the talk so you can gather project requirements with internal clients and technology teams
- Assist other Product Analysts and Product Managers in defining and extensively documenting detailed requirements, use cases, and test cases
- Help execute cross-functional projects
- Analyze business solution options (Your analytical mind and problem solving attitude will be of much use to you here.)
- Understand the applications supported and their upstream/downstream impact
- Determine feasibility of business requirements and recommend changes to support business needs and processes (The only true constant is change, right?)
- Evaluate current system processes and identify possible solution options for new functionality or modifications to existing functionality. (You’re always looking to improve stuff.)
- Work collaboratively with business partners, SMEs, Developers, and Testers to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements
- Ensure that system solution options are thoroughly researched, analyzed, and documented. (We know one can never research enough, but as long as it’s thorough...)
- Provide support to Quality Assurance on test approach development.
- Participate in Design Reviews in order to provide support to Applications Development
- Create project estimates and resource plans for systems solutions
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s Degree (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 2+ years of experience in Product Owner, Product Analysis, Business Analysis, and/or System Analysis.
- 1+ years of experience in pharmacy claims processing
- Computer proficiency: You know the nuances of Microsoft Office products like you were Bill Gates himself and when it comes to surfing (the Internet), Kelly Slater has nothing on you.
- Double plus points for knowledge of Healthcare, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations
- You must be able to communicate effectively (speak, read, write, search, ponder, follow a recipe, and explain things, etc.) in English. Huge plus if you can also do all that in Spanish.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Problem Solver: Your superpower is finding the root of a problem and growing beanstalks out of them. (Sort of.)
- Challenge Accepted: You love a challenge. In fact, you get bored if not challenged, and that’s good, because we will challenge you to be the best.
- Organization Guru: You crave organization like sugar, color-code everything, and messes make you crazy.
- Detailed: You notice everything, every little thing; and you rarely forget any of it. Your attention to detail borders on photographic and your spirit animal is a hawk. If anything changes, you notice. Obviously, this also applies to your plans and activities. Minute by minute schedules might be a bit excessive for some, but not for you.
- Analytical & Critical Thinking: Perhaps we should include the word “over” in this description, because you basically over-analyze ever minute detail of absolutely everything to the point of exhaustion. That goes for your planning too, which is why you’re always 3 steps ahead of the game. (Excel spreadsheets for vacation schedules are a bit extreme, though.)
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈