Product Marketing Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
As a Product Marketing Manager, Monitoring, you will work closely with our marketing, engineering, business development and sales team, and partners to help them understand how GitLab monitoring capabilities solve customer problems as well as educate them about market competitors. You will also be responsible for crafting, testing, creating and rolling out messaging and positioning of GitLab’s monitoring capabilities.
- 5-7 years of experience in product marketing with desired experience in the specialty.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Technical background or good understanding of developer and IT operations products; familiarity with Git, Continuous Integration, Containers, and Kubernetes a plus.
- Use data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- At least 6 years enterprise software marketing experience, including 4 directly in product marketing
- In-depth industry experience and working knowledge using or building software products, particularly cloud software, collaboration software, or developer tools
- Highly technical to be able to independently develop demos, webinars, videos, technical collateral, ROI/value oriented assessments, etc.
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience
- Experience in building sales enablement collateral and the corresponding training to ensure that salespeople can confidently and accurately deliver GitLab's enterprise value proposition.
- Experience with sales enablement in a partner & alliances context
- Experience managing sales and marketing requirements & expectations in a fast-growing environment
- Obsessive about iteration, quality, clarity, details, & execution
- Market research and competitive intelligence experience
- Stay on top of trends in the space via conferences, publications, social media, etc
- At least 2-3 years of product marketing experience marketing IT operations monitoring products and services such as tracing, logging, application performance monitoring, incident management, and related metrics.
- Understand market dynamics, the competition, and customer needs of the enterprise IT operations space.
- Develop product marketing collateral such as website pages focused on monitoring capabilities of GitLab, demos, webinars, videos, white papers, customer and partner facing decks, and data sheets.
- Train and enable sales and partner teams to understand GitLab monitoring features and capabilities of the product.
- At least 5-7 years of product marketing experience marketing IT operations monitoring products and services such as tracing, logging, application performance monitoring, incident management, and related metrics.
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies across the entire Software Development Lifecycle, especially in large enterprise environments.
- Understand enterprise buyer and user personas tasked with enterprise IT operations and monitoring challenges and pain points and how to market monitoring solutions to them.
- Deliver technical insight about GitLab products and competitor products in the monitoring space to product management to assist in product direction.
- Experience with cloud native, datacenter, and hybrid infrastructure and applications desirable.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- Candidates then will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with a Product Marketing Manager.
- Candidates then will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with a Sales Manager.
- Candidates then will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with a Product Manager.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Director of Product Marketing.
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Chief Marketing Officer.
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview.
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!