Product Manager - Vault Core
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Location: Remote US or Canada
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
Vault is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Its enterprise users are some of the largest finance, healthcare, and technology companies in the world. Vault’s core use cases are in Secrets Management, Encryption and Access/Identity Management. As Vault is growing - in mind share, revenue, and team size, we are now focused on adding new use cases and enhancing existing enterprise use cases like disaster recovery & business continuity (Replication), multi-tenancy (Namespaces) among others.
This role is for someone who is strong in core security technology and business critical enterprise software. You will help set the strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering and marketing. You will work closely with the Vault engineering team to support release cycles in order to continuously improve Vault workflows for in its core use cases.
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Vault practitioners, partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- 2+ years of product management experience with operator or developer products for Enterprise
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
- BS/BA degree required
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈