Product Manager - Vault
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US or Canada
Location: US Remote or Canada Remote
Vault is HashiCorp’s multi-cloud security platform. Its open source community has tens of thousands of active, engaged users. Its enterprise users are some of the largest finance, healthcare, and technology companies in the world. Vault’s core use cases are in Secrets Management, Encryption and Access/Identity Management. As Vault is growing - in mind share, revenue, and team size, we are now focused on adding new use cases and enhancing existing enterprise use cases like disaster recovery & business continuity (Replication), multi-tenancy (Namespaces) among others.
This role is for someone who has expertise in core security technology and business critical enterprise software. You will help set the strategy, conduct user research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering and marketing. You will work closely with the Vault engineering team to support release cycles in order to continuously improve Vault workflows for in its core use cases.
- Craft the product story by understanding the landscape, user needs, and HashiCorp principles.
- Write detailed strategy documents to set the context for the product roadmap
- Prioritize the product roadmap by taking feedback from Vault practitioners, partners, engineering, marketing, and the HashiCorp vision.
- Conduct user research and write Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) to distill the research into requirements for engineering to deliver
- Communicate product status to all partners. Keep sales and marketing updated on feature releases and keep engineering informed on feature requests
- Help with sales and marketing collateral to educate on the product story and features (Website copy, whitepapers, sales decks, FAQs, etc)
- 3+ years of product management experience with operator or developer products for Enterprise
- Strong user and market research skills
- Ability to organize multiple stakeholders towards a common goal
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Strong technical acumen, with a solid understanding of infrastructure and open source
- Listening to understand
- Explain complex ideas simply
- Written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Responsible and takes ownership over work
- Defining the product roadmap and strategy
- Writing product requirements documents (PRDs)
- Leading sales engineer and support education sessions
- Enabling the go-to-market teams (sales, support, SEs, marketing)
- Conduct customer interviews
- Perform market research
- Backlog management
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!