Product Manager - Terraform Ecosystem
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US only
HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines and virtual machines, Windows, and Linux, SaaS and IaaS, etc.
Hashicorp is a multi-cloud company that believes in beautiful, simple developer tooling for infrastructure operations. Terraform exemplifies this via Providers, in some ways Terraform is its provider ecosystem as they are such an integral part of using the product. The Provider Ecosystem group is responsible for maintaining and growing the number of providers available to our users as well as making sure the development and on-boarding experience is great.
The group works with our major cloud partners to ensure a high bar of quality and coverage across some of our most popular providers. Within this group we have engineers focused on provider approach to Kubernetes and VMware. These represent some of our most important resources for on-premise or private datacenter provisioning workflows.
- Conduct detailed interviews and research with users to understand their problems more deeply.
- Write PRDs (Product Requirements Document) that explain and detail problems aggregated from our customers.
- Prioritize customer, community and internal feature requests for the team to work on.
- Own and define the roadmap and strategy for VMware and Kubernetes with Terraform.
- Craft the product story by understanding the ecosystem landscape and HashiCorp principles
- 2+ years in product management or have a technical background in infrastructure or DevOps.
- Significant experience with devops tooling, or infrastructure-as-a-service.
- Strong technical skills or knowledge.
- Articulate and effective communication skills, both in writing and verbally.
- Analytical with the ability to prioritize and make tradeoffs
- Collaboration: Ability to work in a team setting with many different functional roles and priorities
- Curiosity: Interested in determining how things work at their core, always taking the step further to learn more
- Care: Take ownership over their work, will make sure what is shipped is high quality
- First principles thinking
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-EC1
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!