Product Manager, Support Engineering
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
We have an open role for a Product Manager for the Support Engineering Initiative. The ideal candidate will be passionate about helping to build a strong collaboration between Support and Product/Engineering in the joint effort of building the next generation of tooling that will have a transformative impact on the daily lives of our internal Support team.
In case of projects built by the Support team, they will work closely with a Tech Lead, Support Leadership team as well as Support Engineers to gather new tooling ideas, improvements to existing tools. The Product Manager will be strongly involved in grooming the proposals and prioritization, to build a cohesive Support Initiative Roadmap. The Product Manager will stay informed of all ongoing Support Initiative projects, be the advisor as well as a helping hand to unblock the team if problems are encountered.
In case of projects built for the Support team, the candidate will work along with the Tech lead and Engineering teams, to build tools for the shared benefit of the Support team and at times our customers. The candidate will lead the project from start to finish; they will focus on ensuring the design and identified use cases take into account our internal teams as well. The candidate will be the voice of the internal teams, informing the Support Leadership of the progress.
The candidate will require good communication and organizational skills. They will be obsessed with identifying real problems, process issues and be involved in prioritizing and proposing holistic solutions. This role requires strong and proactive leadership and the ability to independently drive projects that span multiple departments.
You will report to the VP of Product, and work closely with the Support, Engineering, Product Design, and Product Management Teams.
- Work closely with the internal Support Leadership team to assess the team needs and be part of defining product or process requirements
- Project manage the larger projects where we have Engineering resources involved in the implementation
- Be part of defining the support tools prioritized roadmap, communicate progress and vision of the initiative internally
- When appropriate, work closely with the design team on user research and testing, defining use cases, and creating and refining designs throughout the development process
- Help the Support team deliver successful tools, helping to remove any impediments along the way
- Constantly consider the possibility that the internal products you are developing may become part of the main product and be customer-facing; partner with other product managers to ensure dependencies are factored into overall plans
- Write key documents including roadmap documents, use cases, feature briefs, feature documentation, release notes
- You have 3+ years as a Product Manager, Project Manager, or similar role.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional remote teams
- Iterative mindset with a bias toward action and improvement
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills
- Experience with cloud technologies, web applications, and development tools.
- Preferred, strong experience in customer support roles.
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a product manager who can perform well working remotely. You'll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈