Product Manager - Structured Data & User Experiences
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Structured Data & Ontology team is building the most extensive knowledge graph of work—our entities go beyond jobs, titles, skills, and companies into the different types of work and professionals, ranging from individuals to teams. Our ontology is still young and messy. In this role, you’ll work closely with our ontology, data science, product, design, and engineering teams to enable both our internal and external customers to use and adopt our structured data. In short, you’ll build experiences to enable talent and hiring managers to easily express their offerings and needs while also enabling internal teams to make smarter decisions with quality data.
- Own your product area: You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and drive improvements to Upwork’s ontology (and supporting services) in order to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Know your market and customers: You’ll deeply understand and seek key trends in the broader landscape and the specific needs and mentalities of customers on both sides of the marketplace.
- Back up hypotheses with quantitative tests: The proof is in the numbers. You’ll run quantitative tests that continuously drive new insights from the ecosystem we handle.
- Be an excellent cross-functional partner: You’ll both lead and partner with other product managers, designers, engineers, and marketing colleagues to execute cross-product and cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience with shipping high quality user experiences: You know how to build simple but effective experiences for complex products and/or data rich platforms (e.g. two-sided marketplaces).
- The ability to go broad as well as deep: You solve for the bigger picture and long term goals whilst rolling up your sleeves to write user stories in JIRA and debug issues.
- Excellent communication skills: You have a strong executive presence for collaborating with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can distill differing philosophies and approaches down to the essence and corral partners toward alignment. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Adequate understanding of ontology, taxonomy, and data models to hold your own during discussions with technical team members.
- Comfort and success working with ambiguity and managing multiple cross-functional partners.
- Experience in running A/B tests and communicating results.
- Basic SQL skills and a keen ability to analyze data, recognize trends and identify key levers for optimization.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, including a willingness to take risks.
- A passion for our business because we’re not just another internet company. We’re very passionate about our mission!
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈