Product Manager - Serverless
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Product Manager - Serverless
Fastly's Edge Cloud provides unparalleled flexibility and performance, all within a never-before seen level of safety and code isolation. It allows our customers to build complex logic, on top of a 50+ Tbps network, all in a serverless environment. This role will be responsible for driving the product and delivery efforts that provide customers with tools to build ground breaking serverless software. This includes a keen focus on identifying and delivering features and experiences that make up a safe, secure and highly performant serverless environment.
This role reports to the Principal Product Manager, Edge Compute Platform, and will be based in San Francisco, CA, Denver, CO, or remote.
Successful candidates will have three main traits: product sense, leadership, and the ability to get things done. They'll also be technical enough to truly understand where the complexity in features lies and to anticipate obstacles in the development process.
What You'll Do
- Manage the end to end lifecycle for products and features including ideation, definition, development, acceptance testing, and operations
- Analyze, identify and quantify opportunities for new product features and new product ideas
- Be a champion for our customers, making and influencing decisions about product features, functionality, design, and architecture with our customers at the center
- Gather relevant data and metrics for a product, set measurable and progressive goals using data, and drive achievement of goals and metrics in collaboration with business and technical stakeholders
- Bring to market products that users want, that solve a business need, and that generate profit for the company
What We're Looking For
- You have a minimum of 4 years of Product Management for a SaaS product
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience. Prior experience in a software engineering role is preferred
- Expert understanding of the PaaS and serverless markets and technologies
- You should have a strong technical background with a solid understanding of Internet architecture. We sit in front of the applications and API's of the most known brands in the world, you need to understand how that works
- You are proficient in modern software design principles. You must have an instinct for good product design and an understanding of usability best practices
- You are passionate about technology, can keep up with the latest trends in the field and aware of how they impact your roadmap
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to quickly create meaningful visuals and collateral
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈