Product Manager - Observability Platform
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Product Manager - Observability Platform
The Observability Product team collaborates with teams throughout the company to build and expand the foundations of Fastly’s global edge cloud services, ensuring our logging, tracing, and granular, real-time metrics capabilities are empowering developers with the data and tools to take advantage of the modern internet.
We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about shepherding innovation on its path to production reality, enabling customer success, and telling the stories of both of these journeys to internal and external audiences. In this role you will work closely with Senior Product Management, business and technical stakeholders company-wide, providing product management for our Observability platform.
What You'll Do
- Manage the end-to-end product lifecycle of your products, initiatives and technologies including the development and conveyance of the products’ vision through product roadmaps
- Work closely with Senior Product Management to ensure consistency, drive product goals/shared objectives, and continuously improve product management across the division
- Define and monitor product success metrics using data-driven goals and be able to combine these to tell meaningful ‘stories’ about your product area
- Collaboratively lead cross-functional and distributed teams by building trusted working relationships throughout the company, at all levels of the organizations
- Be the champion for our customers’ interests internally, making and influencing decisions about product features, priorities, functionality, and user experiences with the goal of increasing customer value always at the center
What We're Looking For
We are looking for a self-starter with a natural affinity for the details of complicated systems while remaining focused on the larger vision, great interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for learning, doing, contributing and growing with the Product team and the company.
- 2+ years of product management experience in a software development focused field
- 2+ years of experience in cloud services and/or related technologies and businesses
- A positive, get-stuff-done, curious and collaborative nature that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make decisions based on research and analysis
- A passion for learning, contributing and growing with the Product team and the company
- Experience in making smart tradeoffs between desired product outcomes, company resources, and time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to learn and leverage the terminology understood by audiences as diverse as executives, finance, legal, and engineering developers
- Ability to think tactically and strategically to craft a compelling product vision that both meets customer demand and aligns with strategic initiatives
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. You’ll be a good candidate if you have experience in SOME of these:
- Familiarity with the technical and business aspects associated with the three pillars of observability
- Experience with a variety of web applications, services and related technologies such as content delivery networks, APIs, and cloud services would be a plus
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈