Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About the Position
Our mission is to make application security a foundational element of the DevOps lifecycle. With Contrast, rather than scanning applications, we instrument them with smart sensors that analyze code, continuously, in real-time, from within the application. These smart sensors are language specific agents that are one of the most critical elements of our solution architecture. They are a product on itself. They need to be easily deployed, create minimal performance overhead to applications and broadly support the diversity of the software development market.
We are currently searching for a Technical Product Manager to lead the future of our Emerging Languages agents. If you are passionate about creating great customer experiences and driving immediate business impact, this role might be just what you have been looking for.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the modern software development lifecycle, the developer persona, and the security space. This role requires a broad understanding of the market trends around Node, Ruby, Python and their corresponding frameworks. He/She should be obsessed about scoping and prioritization, have a strong software engineering foundation, and a track record of driving Agile development as a Product Owner.
This position is US-based but can work from home on a permanent basis if not located near our offices in Los Altos, CA or Baltimore, MD.
- Product owner for the Node, Ruby and Python agents across the agile development process, including sprint planning, grooming and retrospectives
- Own and drive the business case for new agents and the strategy and roadmap for the Node, Ruby and Python agents with focus on usability, versatility, adoption and competitiveness
- Collaborate with the broader product management team to align on the agents priorities across our various product and GTM initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of the market landscape and identify key areas of competitive differentiation and market disruption
- Continuously monitor the pulse of the market through frequent interactions with customers, sales and customer success
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute successful software releases covering support, operations, communication, documentation & sales enablement
- Establish clear metrics and KPIs to continuously evaluate business performance and usability with a direct feedback loop into the product strategy
- 1-3 years of technical product management / product owner experience in relevant markets. Experience on targeting the developer persona is a plus
- Software development experience, especially in Ruby, Python and the corresponding frameworks
- Customer Experience and KPI-driven mindset that focuses on delivering delightful solutions with measurable success
- Talent for handling input from various stakeholders and distilling it down to prioritized actionable plans that engineering can execute and deliver
- Demonstrated experience with Agile and Lean development practices while working closely with engineering
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
What We Offer
- Daily in-office team lunches (when offices are open)
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
We work hard, and we have fun doing it. Solve the impossible. Easy = boring.
If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
If you're amazing but missing some of the requirements, we'd love for you to apply anyway.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement
reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR
as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.