Product Manager - Mobile Apps
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Who are Opensignal?
Opensignal, a mobile analytics company, is the global standard for measuring real-world mobile network experience. Using billions of measurements collected 24/7 from tens of millions of smartphones, we analyze real-world mobile network experience at the largest scale and frequency in the wireless industry. We believe measuring how the network performs directly through users’ eyes is key to building better wireless networks. Our insights are used across the industry by mobile operators, telecoms regulators, equipment manufacturers and analysts. We have done business across six continents and have driven press headlines in 80 countries, in an industry impacting the lives of billions around the world.
Founded in 2010, Opensignal is a high-growth global company harnessing the power of mobile technologies and big data analytics to redefine how the mobile industry measures network performance. We’re part of the Global Telecoms ‘Power 100’, TechCity Future Fifty, and backed by an impressive portfolio of investors.
We're headquartered in London, UK, where you’ll find most of our employees, but the teams you'll work with are global. A truly international team, our ‘Opensignalers’ work across four continents, and represent over 25 nationalities.
Find out more by visiting our website
Purpose of the role
Opensignal is looking for a Product Manager to drive the execution of the Opensignal Product Roadmap. This role will be focused on ensuring Opensignal’s products are delivered against market requirements and that Product Management best practices are embedded throughout the product lifecycle, from inception through to delivery across the entire team.
The successful applicant will have a strong knowledge of the data and analytics space and understand how to convert big data into meaningful information and insights, helping to develop the future of Opensignal solutions.
The Product and Technology teams operate as delivery-focused Squads that are cross-functional, you will take the role of Product Manager[KB1] for two of these Squads. As such you will work closely with the Engineering and Data Science teams to evolve and optimize full product delivery processes and will be responsible for defining requirements for Opensignal’s apps as well as our internal stakeholder tools and services.
As Squad Product Manager you will be responsible for the product-market fit for these products and defining the roadmap for the Squads; ensuring this is closely aligned with the rest of the Product Management strategy and team.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for
- Soliciting internal and external feedback to gather requirements and define the product roadmap
- Working closely with the rest of the product and program management team to ensure the most valuable features and functionality is prioritised for roadmap inclusion
- Working closely with the Engineering and Data Science teams to ensure that features meet the needs of the customers
- Translating business questions and customer needs into clear and measurable product requirements and document in a structured format (e.g JIRA) to drive Squads to deliver on the product roadmap on time and on spec
- Driving cross-functional efforts to deliver against the product roadmap, ensuring all members understand the importance of key product deliverables
- Continually prioritise to ensure the quickest time to market with maximum product impact
- Supporting the go-to-market plans for new product solutions
- Building strong relationships with customers, internal stakeholders and peers, contributing to the execution of the company growth strategy
- Applying product management best practice working closely with Engineering and Data Science to execute in an agile environment
What we need from you
- Experience working in software development organisations with a keen interest on working alongside a cross-functional delivery teams, with Data Scientists and Engineers
- Strong knowledge of the data and analytics space and understand how to convert big data into meaningful information
- Experience working in mobile app/sdk development organisations with proven experience in managing the development lifecycle of an app
- Strong knowledge of the Android and iOS ecosystems for mobile app development. Ideally you would also have involvement in managing the transition of a product to Android 10/11 Ecosystem
- Experience with mobile app product marketing
- Knowledge of Data Collection Privacy Laws and Regulations
- Experience with third party data integration
- Strong understanding of Product Management processes with familiarity of managing phases of Product lifecycle, having previously held a Product Management position for 3-5 years minimum
- Whilst an engineering background is not necessary, strong technical background is recommended as you will be expected to lead technical teams to deliver on product requirements defined by Product Management
- Previous track record delivering successful products/mobile with external partners.
- Exemplary organisational and planning skills, uncompromising attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects.
- A winning can-do attitude driven by the desire to drive successful results through innovation
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills in all aspects of work.
- Commercially ‘savvy’ - able to ensure that technical ideologies are balanced with the commercial requirements of the business
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate market/product requirements for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience of working for small/medium fast-paced technology companies with good understanding of the unique challenges associated with realizing global ambitions with limited resources
- Comfortable and effective at working in a remote capacity, collaborating with team members across different locations through digital channels
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary and stock options to share our growth
- Matched-contribution based pension scheme, company-wide bonus, private healthcare (including wellbeing subscriptions and discounted gym membership), life insurance, cycle to work scheme and MacBook
- Constant exposure to learning opportunities in your role and the ability to make an impact from day one
- £1000 learning budget with access to a learning platform providing access to thousands of opportunities to spend it on – from conferences to courses and training, and regular 'Opensessions' (internal learning talks)
- Our 'Opensignalers' - an ambitious, focused and friendly team backed by some of Europe's top investors
- 25 days holiday per year, enhanced parental leave, and generous flexible working culture
- Regular all-company virtual events – from team lunches, ‘Openclubs’ (from our book club to photography club), regular company town halls and socials)
- Due to the pandemic, we are working remotely, but do have an office space in Angel, London, available to use if needed. You will be supported to set up an effective home office environment.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈