Product Manager - Marketplace Growth
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- We help people change their lives. BetterHelp is the world’s largest counseling service. In 2013 we set out on a mission to provide everyone with easy, affordable, and private access to professional counseling - anytime, anywhere. Today, our network of over 15,000 licensed, accredited, and board-certified therapists have assisted more than a million people face life challenges. Every month, our secure website and mobile app facilitate over five million messages, chats, voice calls, and video sessions each month that help people change their lives.
- We are a community that grows together - both professionally and personally. Even with our exponential growth, our team is kept agile and nimble, allowing you to have a huge impact and carve your own path from day one. We invest in our people’s well-being and upward mobility because we know that business and individual growth go hand-in-hand.
BetterHelp is looking for a generalist with experience and passion for building and growing successful consumer (B2C) products. This individual will take start-to-finish responsibility on some of our highest impact projects which can include bringing to market new products and features, as well as optimizing our existing products to sustain and accelerate our growth. It is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to execute fast and see quick results -- while making a real difference in the world.
- Lead highly visible and critical initiatives that materially impact the trajectory of the company. This includes end to end ownership of new products, features and experiments with a focus on growing both sides of our marketplace - consumers and therapists.
- Initiate, evaluate and prioritize ideas, gather requirements and create specifications for all product changes that will achieve maximum impact and benefit.
- Analyze and quantify the impact and success of each and every product change we've made, and then draw conclusions and plan next steps based on actual data.
- Collaborate with the development and design teams before, during, and after each "sprint" to maximize resources' efficiency, utilization, and happiness.
- Partner with the design team, create a user experience that is both delightful and effective.
- Perform UAT and functional QA to make sure we're launching only good stuff!
- Internally: Work cross-functional with all parts of the company (development, support, marketing, business development, operations) in order to (a) convert their insights into product improvements; and (b) to convey the performed changes to them and to make sure they are being integrated and used effectively.
- Externally: Connect with all external stakeholders (members, providers, marketing channels, business partners, regulators) both inbound and outbound to make sure our product is meeting their needs and requirements.
- Participate in setting the strategy and long-term direction for the organization - both within and beyond the context of product.
- Continually seek ways to improve everything we do and optimize the value we bring to our stakeholders.
- Own KPI's and be obsessed about them.
- In a nutshell: [Ideate, execute, test, measure, analyze, learn, iterate] x ∞
- You will NOT worry about "runway", "cash left", or "how much time we have until the next round". We have the startup DNA but we're fully backed and funded, all the way to success.
- You will NOT be confined to your "job". You will get involved in product, marketing, business strategy, and almost everything we do.
- You will NOT be bogged down by office politics, ego, or bad attitude. Only positive, pleasure-to-work-with people allowed here!
- You will NOT get yourself burned out. We work hard but we believe in maintaining sustainable work/life balance. Really.
Yes! We work in Pacific Time. Once our office in Mountain View, CA is fully open, you have the option of moving to the area or continuing to work remotely. If you choose to stay remote, we ask that you travel to the office once every two months to spend time with the team (we will cover travel expenses).
- 2-6 years+ of experience in a product role at a B2C company and proven success through measurable impact and increasing responsibilities.
- Growth and experiments driven mindset with a proven ability to execute and deliver results.
- Deep understanding of unit/business economics and proven ability to balance business and technical considerations for product decisions.
- Super analytical: proven experience in using data and relevant tools for driving critical business outcomes.
- Technical: Strong understanding of how web applications are built, ability to participate in technical decisions, ability to read basic code and write SQL queries.
- Experience in quickly launching products on a regular basis in an agile environment with a track record of delivering products on time and with high quality.
- Great eye for UX and understanding of its related metrics.
- You must include the word "moussaka" in your application (this goes to being thorough and attention to detail).
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills, strong attention to detail, able to work independently.
- Experience with marketplace-based business models.
- Growth experience.
- Online marketing and advertising experience.
- Experience in both desktop and mobile environments.
- Had their own business (or at least tried to start one).
- Very competitive salary & equity compensation
- Excellent health, dental, vision coverage
- 401k benefits with employer matching contribution
- Ridiculous perks programs during COVID-19 pandemic
- Office in the heart of downtown Mountain View, a three-minute walk from Caltrain
- Catered lunch every day, bottomless snacks (even avocado toast!), and locally roasted coffee
- Commuter benefits, FSA accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Programs available
- Building something that matters - loved by the people and admired by the press
- Any piece of hardware or software that will make you happy and productive
- Free BetterHelp accounts for all team members
- Awesome people to work with
- Nothing to slow you down
- Helping people have a better life, every day
NOTE: This role will be remote until our office in Mountain View, CA is fully open. Title and level will be determined during the interview process.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈