Product Manager - LifeWeb 360
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
LifeWeb 360’s purpose is to awaken our empathetic world.
LifeWeb 360 helps people through one of the hardest times of their life - when a loved one dies. We help families collect memories and receive support from their community. We’re building cemetery 2.0, which doesn’t remind you that your person died, it reminds you how they lived.
We make it easy to collect & organize stories and photos from everyone they touched, and capture and celebrate the essence of the person in a modern and authentic way in the process. See an example LifeWeb memorial scrapbook here (lifeweb360.com).
We have been growing rapidly this year as communities are unable to come together physically to mourn a loved one. We’ve been getting press for the work we’re doing, including in the New York Times, USA Today, HuffPost, SF Chronicle, and US News & World Report.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial, scrappy, and mission-driven Product Manager to help us continue building a fabulous experience for our users. You’re a self-starter with a passion to help others and a sense of humor (we have way more fun than you'd think for a company focused on death!).
The right person for this role will have previous experience on a product team for a consumer technology product, and is passionate about applying that experience to build a delightful product for communities experiencing a loss. You love data and figuring out the right questions to ask, and love to dig into both quick-and-dirty data analysis via pivot tables, etc. as well as design more formal dashboards using SQL and other tools. You are detail oriented and get excited by a good gantt chart, Asana board, or project plan, and are right at home project managing a cross-functional team.
The right person is also deeply moved and energized by our mission. Our users fall largely into 2 buckets: bereaved families that have lost an immediate family member, and their friends and relatives who share memories of that person and seek to support the family. We enter their lives at a very tough time, and while we can’t change that their person died, we can change the experience of remembering them and supporting one another in grief. You are not afraid to speak with and support people who are grieving, and sensitive to this context in all product design.
- Build dashboards to analyze customer and product data and synthesize into actionable recommendations
- Coordinate and conduct user interviews and translate into insights
- Design, build, and test low fidelity prototypes of new features and experiences with users
- Drive product development by project managing the ongoing build of our product
- Write users stories with detailed support for our dev team, and track them to completion
- Help QA test new features and submit bugs
- Grow with the role!
- Extremely comfortable with relational databases, SQL queries, pivot tables, and spreadsheets
- Deep familiarity with product-centric concepts like JTBD, Kano Model, Story & Affinity Mapping as just a few examples
- Experience managing projects and using project management tools
- Experience working on or developing products
- Excellent writing, communication, and organization skills
- 3-5 years professional experience working on a team
We’ll be totally wowed if:
- Experience working in a startup environment, ideally for a consumer technology product
- Formal UX, UI, or other human-centered design training
- Professional experience working on a product team or as a product manager
- Opportunity to immediately improve a fundamental human experience of losing a loved one and supporting a friend in grief
- A diverse, high-functioning, and growing team that is driven by a mission to redefine what empathetic technology can mean
- As much ownership over your work as you can handle with lots of room for growth
- Competitive compensation and benefits relative to other early stage startups
- Option to work in downtown Chicago, remotely (on US Central Time), or a combo of both
Ali & Rachele co-founded the company a year and a half ago out of business school at Kellogg. Our incredible Head of Community Experience, Juliana, joined several months ago. We are flanked by a fantastic dev team as well as world class advisors who love getting in the weeds with us to help us level up individually and as a company. From jobs-to-be-done to narrative storytelling, our advisors are literally the experts in the field.
We’re a small but scrappy team having a big impact in people’s lives, and having a lot of fun in the process. You’ll report directly to the founders and learn a LOT about running and growing a startup. Join us! Learn more about our team here (www.lifeweb360.com/about-us).
That’s OK! Fill out this short form here (www.lifeweb360.com/hiring), tell us more about you and how you’d like to get involved with LifeWeb. We’ll reach out if we have an open role in the future that might be a fit!
Our interview process consists of several steps:
- Please complete this application
- Within a few days, we’ll email you a short prompt to complete
- Video interviews with our team
- Short skills assessment
- 3 month contract-to-hire period so you can quickly get started and we can all see if it’s a mutual fit (upon hire, equity will begin vesting from first date as contractor)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We succeed because of our differences. We are a diverse team - small but mighty, weird and quirky, laughter-loving, and we can't wait to meet you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈