Product Manager, Internal Development
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
At Stack Overflow, our mission is to serve developers. Whether we’re helping developers get public answers to their questions, work more efficiently with their team, or find a new job, we build products that make millions of developers’ lives better every day.
we build products that make millions of developers’ lives better every day. We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our Internal Development team, to build and support tools that connect our internal systems together.
Stack Overflow today has over 17 million question and answer pairs, sees 50 million unique visitors a month, and has been visited over 12 billion times in the past decade. You’ll be overseeing a suite of products that connect different internal systems. The Internal Development team provides support to multiple teams in the organization, including other product teams, revenue operations, sales, accounting and the people team.
You’ll have the opportunity to do a lot. Here’s what you can expect during your first year:
- First Month: Get onboarded and brought up to speed on our current plans. You’ll spend a lot of time learning about our products, building rapport with the product, engineering, accounting and revenue operations teams, and contributing to small features.
- Next 3 Months: Acquire a deep understanding of our product development processes and begin improving how our Internal Development team organizes and manages projects and tasks.
- Next 8 Months: You will take a leadership role developing the long term roadmap for the Internal Development team working alongside the Internal Development Engineering Manager. You’ll be involved not just in product development but also in defining the long term Internal Development strategy, building relationships with internal stakeholders, and working to continuously improve processes.
What you’ll do
- Partner with other PMs and key stakeholders to help set the product strategy for the Internal Development engineering team, and lead a team to execute on that strategy
- Build the product roadmap, maintain a backlog of projects, and manage the priorities for the team in building internal tools
- Translate business problems into technical requirements
- Work with the Internal Development engineering team to continuously deploy new features and enhancements in sprints, leveraging a Scrumban methodology
- Build and manage relationships with internal counterparts and users/customers to create collaborative partnerships.
What we want to see
- Minimum 2 years of product manager experience or experience in an equivalent role
- Excellent spec-writing skills
- An understanding of the technical and design implications of what you ask the team to do
- Experience working with software development teams using Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly through the written word (whether that’s specs, stakeholder presentations or product announcements)
- Ability to prioritize work while minimizing distractions
- Experience working remotely and/or working with teams that are distributed geographically
Nice to have
- Familiarity with commissions software (e.g. Xactly, CaptivateIQ)
- Familiarity with Salesforce and/or other CRM software
- Familiarity with Zuora and/or other billing systems
- Familiarity with API integrations
- If this job interests you but you aren’t certain if you meet all of the requirements, apply anyway!
We’re a remote-friendly team. Whether you work remotely or work out of our New York office, you’ll be part of a remote work culture that emphasizes online communication (Slack, Jira, GitHub, Meet, Zoom, Stack Overflow for Teams). While we’re generally very flexible on working hours, UTC-8:00 to UTC+3:00 (roughly US to Europe) will be an easier fit for scheduling and interaction with your team, but not required. We also believe in strong work-life balance and are focused on making sure you have a positive work experience, in-office or remotely.
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers and technologists visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, and knowledge sharing.
We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. We have an office in New York with some of the best amenities of any New York startup, and we have people who work remotely all over the world. We keep meetings and ceremonies to an absolute minimum.
Our core values guide our work.
- Keep Community at Our Center: Community is at the heart of everything we do. Nurture healthy communities where everyone is encouraged to learn and give back.
- Adopt a Customer-First Mindset: Authentically serve our customers by empowering, listening and collaborating with our fellow Stackers.
- Be Flexible and Inclusive: We do our best work when a diverse group of people collaborate in an environment of respect and trust. Create space for different voices to be heard, and allow flexibility in how people work.
- Be Transparent: Communicate openly and honestly, both inside and outside the company. Encourage transparency from others by being empathetic, reliable, and acting with integrity.
- Empower People to Deliver Outstanding Results: Give people space to get their job done, support them when they need it, and practice blameless accountability.
- Learn, Share, and Grow: Adopt a Growth Mindset. Be curious and eager to learn. Aim for ethical, sustainable, long-term growth, both personally and in the company
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈