Product Manager, Games
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Carry1st is the leading mobile game publisher in Africa. The company aims to be the go-to partner for global studios accessing the continent and regional studios going global. In 2020, we look to scale to over 1M monthly active users across Africa, publishing content from partners in Africa and abroad. As Senior Product Manager, Games, you will be responsible for ensuring Carry1st publishes hit games – whether we develop them in-house or license them from game developers. For third-party games, you will work closely with developers across the world to maximize the potential of their games and ensure successful market launches. For games we develop in-house, you will manage the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through launch and iteration. We are looking for a mix of leadership and product management; making your ideas reality requires you to be able to articulate a vision and partner with teammates across different verticals and geographies.
What will you do?
- Source / diligence promising games for Carry1st to publish
- Work with our developer partners to create release plans; ideate and improve gameplay; co-create product roadmaps; troubleshoot technical challenges; and implement monetization schemes and live operations to boost the performance of the games
- Drive product vision, development, and live operations for in-house games
- Analyze data across all games and translate findings into actionable next steps or new features
- Evaluate, select, and implement key SaaS-based analytics and work-flow tools
- Make tradeoffs between scope, delivery dates, and business goals
- Monitor the games landscape to understand market opportunities and trends
What makes you a great candidate?
- Proven experience shipping world-class mobile games
- Research and data-driven approach with good intuition about user experience and journeys
- Ability to create wireframes and write product specifications
- Ability to lead and inspire – with a mix of patience and goal orientation to navigate complex cultural, technology and product requirements
- Structured problem solver and expert at prioritization
- Solid technical knowledge
What will we offer you?
- The opportunity to build an awesome, industry-changing company
- A flat structure where taking the lead is encouraged
- Equity ownership
Carry1st is a remote-friendly company. We will either support your relocation to join our team in Cape Town (an emerging tech hub that provides an amazing quality of life) or you can work remotely. We started on this journey to build a big, impactful company that catalyzed the game industry in Africa. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for doing hard things, you will find a home at Carry1st. Join us!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈