Product Manager, Data
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada
HOMER has a newly created opportunity for a Product Manager, Data to join our growing team! This role will report into our new Toronto office (TBD), until then, this position will be remote.
HOMER, a BEGiN brand, is the proven early learning program that provides the best educational start possible. We offer personalized, fun, and proven learning products for kids ages 2-8 to help build confidence, mastery, and a love of learning. We are deeply committed to our members and to their children, and we are building a creative and strategic team to develop a portfolio of early learning products that support learning everywhere.
The Product Manager, Data will be responsible for product management of HOMER’s data products and services. This includes HOMER’s proprietary analytics framework, dashboards and data visualization tools, and data dictionary.
- Develop a deep understanding of internal stakeholder needs for data and infrastructure across multiple business disciplines
- Translate needs to a clear and actionable roadmap; author requirements for execution
- Prioritize and manage a transparent product backlog to achieve maximum business value
- Establish effective and efficient feedback cycles with internal stakeholders
- Partner with engineering leadership to build scalable and highly reliable systems and balance tech debt with new investment
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to invest in systems commensurate with long-term product vision
- Quantify ROI on backend projects and facilitate trade-off discussions with leadership
You must have:
- At least 3 - 5 years of product management experience with backend systems
- At least 2 - 3 years experience working with data (analytics, data science or data engineering)
- Mastery of product management best practices
- Examples of successful experience working with internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines
- Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization
- Strong knowledge of content management systems
- Strong familiarity of events-based analytics tracking
- Experience with agile software processes
- BA or BS degree
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (preferably Looker)
- Practical experience in a content-driven consumer business
- Working familiarity with SQL and relational database design
- Experience architecting personalization projects
We like people who are:
- Results oriented, hands-on and passionate about our industry (education) and our consumers (children, parents and educators)
- Collaborative, and thrive in startup environments
- Able and willing to learn new technologies and styles
What you’ll get:
- HOMER offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits
- Smart, passionate, and engaged co-workers
- Excellent top-tier Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- A chance to have a big impact
- A chance to bring a love of reading and learning to children globally
HOMER is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. HOMER does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!