Product Manager, Controls Software
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Current transforms commercial and industrial organizations with advanced lighting and intelligent controls. Working with our partners, we deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers. See why Current is always on at www.gecurrent.com
This role will be tasked with developing a deep understanding of the Company’s diverse customer and channel partner base and translating this into clear market requirements and direction for the Engineering organization. In particular, the roadmap for a common software platform that supports system design, commissioning, site management, and analytics for Daintree’s Wireless Controls systems – with close collaboration between software and hardware product managers. This includes creating detailed market requirements documentation with clear pain point resolution and UX guidance for development and implementation.
The candidate will be a key contributing member of a growing product management organization that interfaces with every function of the company across a diverse global team. They will deliver through influence-based leadership and a mature understanding of the market and customer needs.
- Supports the definition and management of the multi-year lighting controls software roadmap for Daintree's Wireless Controls product line, specifically the evolution of its Daintree Controls Software, EZ Connect App, various solution tools and PLM of Daintree’s historical software product offerings.
- Serve as technical expert to matrixed global team, including commercial organization, other product managers in the controls and lighting fixtures business, and technology teams.
- Collaborate closely with our Commercial / Engineering teams in defining the requirements for new software products including development of market requirements documents, user stories, and UX guidance.
- Engage externally, including meetings and presentations to end users and channel partners.
- Maintain constant awareness of competitive landscape, and voice-of-customer/partner. Use this awareness in recommending product positioning and pricing strategies that result in effective and profitable commercialization.
- Work closely with our product marketing team to develop and maintain key sales support material including selling decks, competitive analysis, etc.
- Present and promote Current product offerings at trade shows and other industry events
- Reporting to the Product Director of Building Controls
- Travel: ~10%
- 10+ years software experience working in product management, UI/UX design, or Engineering including at least 5-years’ experience in the lighting controls, smart building technology, or energy services sectors.
- Team player, with experience working across functional groups in a customer-facing capacity required.
- History of translating complex market requirements into clear direction for a technology organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong planning, problem solving, and analytical skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- This is a remote position and may be available from any US based location.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or Business Administration from an accredited university required.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈