Product Manager - Community Engagement
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Mark43’s mission is to empower communities and their governments with new technologies that improve the safety and quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, and elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, and we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought and experience within our team.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team as we continue building features to enhance our public safety platform and increase community engagement. You will be providing solutions for public safety professionals and the communities they serve to support transparency and community collaboration. You will be working in a fast-paced environment where you’ll work closely with Engineers, Designers, Solutions Architects, and users. Previous Product Management experience is a must for this role. You will be managing feature development from concept to deployment.
If you were part of our product team, here are some things you may have done last week:
- Conducted field research alongside public safety professionals and the communities they serve
- Driven execution on a product backlog; owning a set of features from inception through implementation; researching, collecting and documenting requirements, establishing success metrics, collaborating with design and daily interaction with engineers
- Worked with stakeholders (customers, internal subject matter experts, vendors, technical resources, community advocacy groups etc.) to research, craft and revise requirements to guide design and engineering
- Ensured delivered solutions are meeting stakeholder expectations
- Provided product expertise and feature introductions to internal teams like sales, support and professional services
- Clearly communicated problem statements and presented new feature demonstrations to cross-functional teams, internal and external stakeholders
- Made data driven product decisions by defining and monitoring feature-level metrics
- Further immersed yourself in the end-user experience via customer and citizen facing activities, such as solution refinement, show-and-tells, police ride-along opportunities and site visits
We are looking for someone with 3-5 years working experience in a product management role, preferably working for an enterprise software company or for a company whose customers are community advocacy groups or government agencies. You should have demonstrated experience overseeing a software product from concept to launch. In order to be successful in this role, you will need the business, design, and tech acumen to have productive discussions with sales team members, designers and engineers. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to utilize them to channel the points-of-view of a wide range of stakeholders. Special consideration will be given to candidates who are familiar with public safety concepts and software.
People who thrive on our team also tend to share the following characteristics:
- Humble, open, and curious. You value ideas and opinions, no matter who they come from, and you’re excited about listening and learning being a big part of your job. You are easily able to empathize with users who are different from you.
- Attentive, active listeners. You’re interested in what others have to say and illustrate your interest with your actions.
- Enthusiastic collaborators. You understand that the best outcomes are achieved through shared ownership, and seek to spread knowledge and expand participation rather than restrict it.
- Comfortable with uncertainty. You know that sometimes problems and situations can’t be simplified or fully understood, and are at ease working within this type of haziness, especially when working towards a deadline.
- Passionate about personal growth. You view mistakes as opportunities for learning, and want to grow as a colleague and person. You take ownership over your own work and commit to every part of a task, from big picture to small details.
Our HQ is located in New York, however, the company has shifted to a hybrid work environment. We welcome candidates who wish to work remotely, as long as they are able to travel up to 25% of the time once safe travel fully resumes.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈