Product Manager (Apache Flink, Ververica Platform)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Come join our highly talented team at Ververica, and work with amazing colleagues on problems and products that change how companies do data processing, analytics, and applications.
We are the original creators of Apache Flink, the open source unified batch/stream processing system that powers applications in all types of companies, from tech giants like Alibaba, Amazon, and Netflix, to traditional enterprises like banks and telcos. We contribute heavily to Apache Flink, while building enterprise-grade products on top of Flink.
Become part of one of the biggest and most active open source communities and do work that has a visible impact. Connect with users around the world, and contribute to bleeding-edge tech or be an advocate for new approaches to long-standing problems.
For our Product Management positions, we are looking for intermediate and seasoned additions to the team who have a strong aptitude for building products that customers and users will love. We seek folks who will enjoy meeting the challenges of data-intensive systems. and that want to take the opportunity to grow as a product manager in our teams.
This position is for you if you bring empathy for highly technical users and customers, love working with and in engineering teams, enjoy solving challenging problems, and are excited about the opportunities of open source. You don't need to be an expert in data-intensive systems - you're joining us to gain that expertise. You bring the talent and passion, we bring the environment to learn the rest. The open source field is an amazing place to connect with users and other developers and get visibility for your work.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery.
- 2 years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Ideally: working on a product used by software developers, architects and infrastructure departments
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, or marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Interested in open source, working with users, and excited about the opportunity open source offers.
- Working on bleeding-edge technology in unified data processing (batch/streaming), event-driven applications, data intensive systems, and machine learning. You will be part of shaping the direction of the data stream processing space.
- Being part of an international team of talented developers and product managers.
- Working on open source and closed source products.
- Planning and supporting development of new features, improvements, and fixes; end-to-end responsibility, jointly with developers.
- Getting mentoring to support growing as a product manager.
- Getting support to become an active member of the Apache Flink open source community.
- Optionally: Presenting work at conferences, meetups, or via articles.
- Collaborating with and supporting open source users through open source channels.
- Working with and supporting customers.
- A distributed team: Some team members work remotely, others work in the Berlin office. Collaboration with other teams across EU, US, China.
We know that innovation thrives in product teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems in ways that are just now possible. As such, we explicitly seek people that bring diverse life experiences, diverse educational backgrounds, diverse cultures, and diverse work experiences. We’d love to hear how you bring something unique and valuable to our teams.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈