1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Statusphere is the brainchild of Kristen Wiley. The young entrepreneur has a unique understanding of what it's like to be on both sides of the influencer marketing equation, having been both a blogger and a marketer.
While studying advertising at the University of Central Florida, Kristen started a baking and crafting blog. Her blog content went viral thanks in part to features on the popular entertainment website, Buzzfeed, and soon after brands like Coca-Cola, Michaels Craft Store, and Sara Lee were flooding her inbox. At the same time, Kristen worked at an advertising agency where her role involved finding social media influencers on behalf of her clients for marketing collaborations.
This sparked Kristen's lightbulb moment. The idea: A service that makes it simple for brands to connect with the influencers they want to partner with, and vice versa. The approach: Mobilizing micro-influencers to support a brand's sales and marketing goals. The vessel: A monthly box of products specially curated for each influencer. Brands pay for placement in the box, and influencers receive the latest and greatest in beauty, fashion and lifestyle products for free in exchange for sharing about the products with their followers on Instagram, readers on their personal blog, or viewers on YouTube. It's a turnkey solution for brands to commission hundreds of guaranteed, authentic influencer posts, and influencers have the opportunity to partner with brands they truly love.
As industry demand pivots from macro-influencers to micro-influencers, the idea for Statusphere couldn't have come at a better time. And for Statusphere to be a formidable player in a quickly evolving industry, Kristen had to scale operations. However, she found it difficult for New York and California-based investors to take her seriously.
During a pitch competition, Kristen caught the attention of Jason Calacanis – one of Silicon Valley's most notable angel investors in startups like Uber, Thumbtack, and Tumblr. While he believed in her innovative business model, he urged her to “Get the hell out of Orlando” if she wanted to be successful. Adamant that her startup would continue to thrive in Central Florida, Kristen kept Statusphere's roots firmly planted in the City Beautiful. Today Statusphere is a fully remote team, with the majority of its employees calling Orlando home.
Statusphere is an early growth stage, woman-led startup that helps people discover products they love from people they trust. We create value by helping Brands quickly get their products into the hands of people who have a passion for content creation and word of mouth marketing. We are in search of a Product Manager who is not afraid to push the bounds of what's possible. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth of Statusphere's product team and an entire industry by pioneering innovations in word of mouth marketing and social shopping online.
As a Product Manager at Statusphere, you will be responsible for leading an outcome-based product strategy that helps us achieve key business outcomes. You are passionate about the problems Statusphere is trying to solve. You are a data-driven individual, with a knack for using data to identify business opportunities, defining product outcomes, and collecting and assessing product opportunities from real customers. You will report to the CTO and have no direct reports. You'll operate at a senior level, reflecting leadership within the organization and focusing on the importance of driving forward a key part of the business.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Statusphere's business context, goals, and customer needs
- Collaborate with the Product Team, CTO, and CEO on developing the product vision, strategy, and roadmap around key business outcomes
- Own product and related business KPIs, regularly record and report on health metrics to the team and company
- Lead with an outcome-based approach to empower the product team
- Lead product strategy to help assess and prioritize product opportunities
- Participate in product discovery to validate and define the most effective and feasible solution for a given problem.
- Contribute to improving Statusphere's product development processes
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Passion to understand customer needs and a strong motivation to solve their problems
- Ability to inspire team members to build better products with a constant dedication to understand, question, and improve experiences for our users
- Ability to communicate directly and clearly, with a strong emphasis on careful listening
- Experience conducting user research
- Previous experience on a remote-first team
- Previous experience with B2B and B2C Products
- Experience working in the Marketing Industry
- A strategic, entrepreneurial spirit
- Technical ability to communicate with designers & engineers
- Familiarity with continuous discovery and delivery processes
- $100,000 - $160,000 (negotiable) plus bonuses
- Eligible for employee stock options after 1 year full-time at the company
- Flexible, remote work
- Coworking space/home office stipend
- Continued learning stipend
- Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
- Being part of a fast-growing company (Statusphere has grown by more than 400% in the last 2 years)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
If hired you will be officially brought on as an employee of Code Hangar, which is currently undergoing a merger with Statusphere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈