1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Are you someone who very naturally possesses the vision to drive big picture change and growth but also will tend to the details or process necessary to attain those goals? Would you say that you are a very self-sufficient person comfortable when asked to lead projects or teams? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place? If so, Black Spectacles’ Product Manager role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We're on the hunt for a Product Manager to promote growth and innovation of our products aligning the voice of the customer with our product roadmap.
- Work with Customer Experience to better understand the needs of our customers.
- Research our industry and come up with current trends or ideas that will improve our product experience and capabilities.
- Prioritize a product backlog and collaborate with multiple product development team members to deliver high quality software.
- Analyze and document (JIRA) all product requirements.
- Prepare project plans, scoping documents and other artifacts as part of the Product development process.
- Collaborate with Marketing to coordinate releases to the user base.
- Collaborate with Engineering and QA to ensure timely release of products.
- 5+ years of professional experience with software product management
- Strong experience analyzing requirements, writing scoping documents, and prioritizing features and stories.
- Experience delivering both new SaaS products as well as improving upon existing SaaS products
- Experience working directly with customers/clients
- Experience using defect tracking tools like JIRA.
- Highly analytical with the ability to tie product decisions and recommendations to ROI, data, and available metrics
- Must be able to travel to Chicago for quarterly team meetings
Nice to have skills
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with both enterprise and customer facing products (B2B, B2E, B2C)
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈