1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US or Canada
Funded by a new generation of venture capital investors focused on driving ‘legacy’ societal progress just as much as business results, MTTR is kicking off as a new media brand aimed at making culture more conscious, and determined to completely disrupt the media industry as we know it. MTTR lives at the intersection of content x pop culture x social impact. As the brand takes shape, MTTR will go beyond producing engaging and informative content by integrating innovation, advocacy and action into its brand and community to drive real-world, social change. Our team is a motley crew of obsessive storytellers, brand-builders, movement-makers and relentless activists and inventors all hellbent on making the world stop, think, realign and thrive like never before.
As the Product Manager, you’re the holder of our product vision, strategy, and roadmap for the key digital product that MTTR is developing. You’re also the overall leader and face of the product both inside and outside of the company. You drive execution, determining what needs to be done now and keeping the team focused. You set goals, measure progress, and maximize results.
Location: remote (anywhere in the US or Canada)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading all work related to the flagship product at MTTR.
- Defining the product roadmap and leading the cross-functional development team.
- Identifying the team’s staffing needs and filling roles (whether with internal team members or external partners).
- Planning and executing user testing, including pre-release deployments with potential customers, and incorporating lessons learned into the product.
- Planning and executing the launch of the product as well as subsequent iterations.
- Driving growth of users and revenue.
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary: Salary offered for this position is competitive and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications.
- PTO/vacation: We want to ensure that all of our staff have the best conditions to excel at their job, so you are not set an amount of paid vacation time each year. Instead, you are permitted to use discretion in achieving an appropriate work/life balance, to take time off for travel, relaxation, and rejuvenation, as needed and as consistent with the satisfaction of all professional obligations to the organization.
Benefits: We also offer comprehensive health insurance to our employees, as well as a suite of perks and other programs.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of designers and engineers in the early stages of product development with team members in multiple locations.
- Managed consumer products. You know how to craft products that will delight the end user.
- A strong design sense and understanding of the product and brand design process.
- A technical background. You understand what the engineers on your team are talking about and how your product works.
- Strong project management skills.
- A “we can do this” attitude and strong leadership skills.
- Worked in a startup environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and change.
This is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the Head of Product.
Work is remote, but you are expected to be available for meetings at North American East and West Coast times.
FINALLY, we can’t achieve our mission unless we have a diverse team. This encompasses all of the unique characteristics that make us human: race, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, education, political affiliation — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The through-line is always a shared sense of purpose and a commitment to values like honesty, tolerance, and empathy.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: US or Canada.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈