Big Red Group
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Australia Only
The Big Red Group (BRG) is a rapidly scaling platform for e-commerce marketplaces, Australian owned and founded, the BRG operates from our HQ in Sydney (right now we work remotely and come together for experiences every month). We are the world's third-largest experiential provider, bringing customers to more than 3,000 experience suppliers across Australia & New Zealand. We are not only a great place to work, but a place to do your greatest work. To date we have enabled over 6,500,000 experiences.
We are home to three consumer-facing brands – RedBalloon, Adrenaline and Lime&Tonic, which work alongside our B2B businesses as we enrich the lives of our customers and clients through shared experiences. Our commitment is that you will grow every day, through the people & leaders you work with and the meaningful work you do. We are not only a great place to work, but a place to come together to do your greatest work.
The heart of our business is our Growth team, comprising all our consumer and B2B facing brands – Red Balloon, Adrenaline and Lime & Tonic. Within the Growth team lies the Product function which consists of our product and UXD team. Our team is accountable for creating world class experiences to delight our customers at every moment in their digital journey from onsite consideration to purchase and driving loyalty and re-engagement across our digital product ecosystem.
The Product Manager works in the growth team to lead and execute on the product strategy and roadmap. They are customer-centric, data driven and outcome focused, with the ability to understand the big picture and create an iterative roadmap to achieve our growth ambition.
Reporting to the Head of Product, the Product Manager is responsible for defining the experience vision for their area of remit, understanding the customer and representing their needs, monitoring and driving customer analysis and product performance and driving the prioritisation of experiences, features and capabilities to achieve KPIs.
Core to this role will be driving the CRO strategy and experimentation across all of our brands, you will bring a passion for experimentation, data, testing and learning to improve conversion, customer satisfaction and ultimately grow revenue for BRG.
Leading a cross functional team, you will bring a growth mindset, be curious, collaborative and have the ability to balance the day to day product backlog, with driving forward innovation.
What you will do:
Strategy Planning & Vision
- Ability to think strategically and develop a product vision based on the broader growth and product strategy for the product area under your remit
- Establish and understand who the customer is, as well as the key needs and pain points
- Understand the competitor landscape and trends and how these opportunities can drive a best-in-class product experience and inform the product roadmap
- Ability to leverage data to inform strategic planning
Defining Product Roadmap and Backlog
- Ability to lead the development of a strategically aligned product roadmap
- Ability to set the north star and show how to iteratively achieve the vision based on continuous delivery that adds customer and business value
- Responsible for the customer experience and ensuring customer validation from real customers and end users, working in partnership with UXD
- Responsible for driving a set of actionable performance criteria – TOVC, AOVC, NPS, Conversion etc and accountable for ensuring the product achieves the agreed outcomes
- Ensure the product roadmap and backlog is transparent and clear to the growth group and BRG stakeholders
Prioritisation and Development
- Lead product prioritisation discussions based on overall strategy, business objectives and customer needs
- Have a solid understand of product prioritisation approaches and techniques
- Be incredibly comfortable at making and owning decisions regarding the scope of an iteration
- Ability to manage the balance between strategic big bets and BAU for a winning product experience
- Champion user experience
- Oversee the development of the product throughout the product discovery and delivery cycle and lead ceremonies including planning, refinement, and showcases
- Have deep experience with AB testing and experimentation
Managing the Product Backlog
- Ensure the product backlog is groomed and that the squad members understand the items at the required level for successful delivery of the roadmap
- Ensure the product backlog is accessible, transparent and clear to key stakeholders and team members
- Ensure the backlog is consistently reviewed and updated based on learnings, insights and feedback
- Lead and motivate a high performing and collaborative team
- Show leadership in product craft and the domain area you lead
- Foster, lead and maintain effective collaborative relationships with senior leaders, stakeholders and ensure that you advocate for the best outcomes for the product and the organisation
- Be the expert in communicating on all major decisions across strategy, roadmap, learnings and pivots
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, working to ensure clarity and timely feedback and sign off as required and suitable for the feature
- Partnering closely with the merchandising department to work hand in hand to drive the best outcomes for the growth department and the product experience
What you will bring:
- 6-8 years' experience in product management
- Experience leading a team across the end-to-end product development cycle from idea to market
- Demonstrated experience in AB testing and experimentation
- Capable in Jira, confluence,
- Expert in Google Analytics, Sitespect and other experimentation tools
- A deep understanding of product management best practice, frameworks and ways of working
- 3-5 years' experience working in an agile environment
- Strong experience with data analysis and synthesising insights
- Ability to drive clarity, focus and effectively communicate across the group
- A growth mindset and ability to positively influence
- Attention to detail, coupled with the ability to be innovative and creative
- Strong stakeholder management skills
You will love this opportunity if you:
- Are looking to work on a range of incredible brands and take ownership of your contribution
- Have a growth mindset, high ownership mentality and the ability to take responsibility for goals and outcomes #ownit
- Can roll up the sleeves, find creative solutions, balance you're curious by nature with a set strategy and lead a team to execute it
- Would be proud to work for and grow an iconic Australian retailer that is investing in the future of ANZ
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Experiences at Work – share an experience with your peers every month
- Growth Leadership program for people leaders
- Personal and professional development for all
The BRG is currently set up as a fully remote work environment, with all our team members working from home. We will be back in a Sydney-based office space from next year. We recognise the need for connection in business, so we share experiences every month and have a range of co working spaces available to suit you.
The BRG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more about the Big Red Group, visit our website at www.thebigredgroup.com.au. Or to see more about working at the Big Red Group follow us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/the-big-red-group
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Australia Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈