1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK or US (EST)
Product Manager - Institutions Team
Location: London head office or remote (Preferably UK timezone or East Coast, US)
Experience: 2-5 years as product manager
BibliU is a digital learning platform that is changing the future of the multi-billion-dollar textbook industry. Our mission is to shake up higher education and make reading materials more accessible and learning more effective. We do this by making textbooks and monographs more affordable for students, so that in most cases, they are included in tuition costs. We have incorporated accessibility features to accommodate multiple learning styles and the different needs and preferences of each student.
BibliU has grown rapidly, and during this time we have created Europe's largest digital education content programme, in partnership with Coventry University. Upon entering the US market, we have secured the largest digital textbook programmes in the US with Phoenix and Grand Canyon Universities.
We are working with over 60% of universities in the United Kingdom, and are steadily growing in the US . We have recently raised $10 million in a Series A investment round (you can read more about this on Sky News and EdSurge) and have ambitious plans for continued growth and expansion.
Our team of 45, of which half the senior management team are women, are currently seeking a Product Manager for our Institutions product team to work within a global, cross-functional, product-driven company.
Institutions Product Team at BibliU
The Institutions product team exists to ensure that our institutional customers have as delightful an experience using BibliU as our students do. The team works closely with customers and flagship accounts to deeply understand their needs and develop solutions that help them achieve their goals.
Areas of Responsibility
You will be working directly with the VP of Product and your development team to define a roadmap and develop a product that helps our institutional customers achieve their goals. You will be given the opportunity to work on interesting problems and help devise solutions that delight our users, by being involved from opportunity definition all the way through to QA and release.
You’ll grow the value our product delivers to customers by:
- Developing a deep understanding of our market and of how our institutional customers operate within it
- Taking problems our different institutional customers face and validating your hypotheses with them
- Coordinating across complex inter-departmental dependencies to go from idea to successful implementation
- Collaborating with teams across BibliU to align plans, unblock development, and deliver meaningful outcomes on time
- Verifying features meet the specs required and QAing them to minimise the risk of getting bugs into production
- Tracking and monitoring your features’ performance and functionality after launch to iterate and improve on them.
- Helping development teams iterate on and improve their processes to optimise how they operate as a team
- Ensuring bug reports get handled by your team in a timely manner
Our benefits are all aimed at supporting a healthy work-life balance and cultivating a company culture where you can bring your whole, human self to work.
- 43 days of holiday including public and bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Annual company retreat
- Equal paternity and maternity cover
- Birthday day off (in addition to annual leave)
Fostering community is important to us. The BibliU book club meets (virtually) every 6 weeks and we have an active Women's Network.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and BibliU is committed to building an inclusive and supportive workplace where everyone can do rewarding work.
If you’ve got any questions about the role, get in touch with our Operations Analyst, Nafis, at [email protected]
- You’ve built great, high usage products before
- You’re passionate about building the best possible experience for all users, and you monitor your metrics to see whether you’re delivering
- You’re comfortable working in a technical team that deals with ambiguity every day and you’re able to build metrics around that
- You have an eye for design
- You are metrics and data driven
- You’re excited by what we’re working towards
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK or US (EST).
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈