3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
TribalScale is an innovation firm that brings organizations - from the startup to the enterprise - into the future. We build digital products, transform teams, and grow startups. We’re headquartered in Toronto and have offices around the world. The future is bright, and we’re always looking for excited technologists to create with us.
Some of the platforms that we work with:
- Mobile & Web (iOS, tvOS, Android)
- Voice User Interfaces (Amazon Alexa, Google Home)
- Connected Cars and Homes
- OTT (Roku, Fire TV)
- VR & AR
You're excited about building products in the connected world and want to join a team of ambitious, like-minded technologists. You're passionate about the intersection of design and technology and strive to explore new meaningful interactions between the physical and digital worlds. You want to have high impact, drive product innovation, and have a meaningful contribution to both our work environment and client work at TribalScale. You strive in fast-paced, collaborative environments and are able to quickly switch gears between client work, internal initiatives, and supporting your peers under minimal supervision
- Own the product backlog and weekly cadence – write user stories, prioritize feature development, plan iterations, and keep your engineers unblocked.
- Conduct competitive analysis and synthesize findings to make data-driven product decisions.
- Lead client-facing projects and work closely with executive stakeholders to ensure a timely delivery of feature complete applications
- Leading designs sprints and consult clients on how to prioritize their product roadmaps
- Help enable our client’s product teams through pairing and teaching best practices in agile product management
- 3-5+ years as a product manager and previous consultative experience in client facing roles
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, graduate degree in a relevant field is an asset.
- Proficiency with at least one agile methodology – e.g. XP and/or Scrum.
- Experienced in leading a balanced product development team of engineers & designers
- Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership of your work.
- Have a user-centric mindset throughout the product development process.
- Consistently up-to-date with the latest design trends and best practices.
- Can wear many different hats and collaborate well with UX Designers, Engineers, Sales, and everyone in our Tribe.
- Help guide product decisions through user testing and iterative feedback loops.
- Open to new tools and methodologies, yet opinionated about best practices.
- Very strong communication skills and know how to influence without authority.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Being an entrepreneur – we love people who’ve started their own ventures, big or small.
- Worked on an XP team and can sing its praises.
- Applied knowledge of user testing and validation techniques.
- Savvy with quantitative analysis and a working knowledge of statistics
- Early adopter of new technology and gadgets.
- Have read the following books: The Lean Startup (Eric Ries), Sprint (Jake Knapp), and The Innovators Dilemma (Clayton M. Christensen).
- Our skills: Our teams were at the front the mobile revolution, are expert builders in Voice tech, and now, they’re connecting the world. They’ve work with brands including the NBA, Twitter, ABC, the CBC, Autonomics, and tons more.
- You matter: Everyone sits at the table and brings value. We love to be challenged, are happy to go with the flow, and we trust our gut.
- Growth: We’re a rocketship ready to take-off, you’ll get your hands dirty in every aspect of the business and there are tremendous opportunities for personal and professional growth. Seize them.
Stay Happy & Healthy
- Health benefits: 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wealthsimple Group Retirement Savings Plan (GRSP)
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policies
- Corporate ClassPass membership
- Office closed over Winter holidays
- Inkblot mental health partnership with subsidized counselling benefits
Make Meaningful Connections
- Friday socials to cap off a great week
- Regular office activities: game nights, movie nights, group fitness, and more
- Quarterly team events: axe-throwing, beach day, and more
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈