Wild Alaskan Company
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: U.S. Only
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
You’re the type to play out scenarios while commuting to work. What happens if we ship x before y? If this growth build leads to a z% increase on average order value, can we shelf our next automation build? While you bring a highly analytical approach, you also know when not to overthink and just act. Your colleagues rely on you to spell out implications, communicate the value of certain initiatives and build consensus across teams. The growth team depends on you to ship features that acquire new members, while member experience counts on your ability to push through experiences that delight our member base.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, you’ll drive the feature set of our custom-built eCommerce platform, which includes the marketing site and admin. This is a new position at Wild Alaskan that’s fast-paced, challenging and fun.
- Lead collaboration with supply chain, communications, design, engineering, growth and member experience to ideate, plan, build and market new software features
- Shepherd an agile approach by running daily stand-ups, regular stakeholder meetings, grooming sessions, sprint kick-offs, retrospectives and collaborative design exercises
- Maintain, evolve and communicate the digital product road map with a strong focus on balancing growth, retention and automation builds
- Work closely with stakeholders, engineering and UX to develop wireframes, acceptance criteria, specs and prototypes that effectively communicate what’s being built, what’s out of scope and launch timelines
- Measure the success of new features and improvements against the hypotheses, goals and metrics defined during the spec phase
- Prepare, publish and manage all product marketing materials
- Educate the entire team on existing and new functionality, along with the value it drives, by sending pre-sprint commitments and product updates, as well as conducting walkthroughs
- Possess an understanding of when you need to roll up your sleeves and QA versus deploy, monitor and iterate, quickly
- Have a prepped backlog ready to go with easy wins to complement more complex features and improvements
- Collaborate closely with the growth team to manage creative resources
- Team up with engineering and UX to evaluate technical and design debt as part of the grooming process
- Ensure the entire member journey is cohesive and delightful
- Consistently identify problems and inefficiencies within the digital product process and facilitate a culture of continuous improvement
- 3-5 years experience working in product management at an eCommerce or Saas company
- Track record of consistently meeting sprint commitments and launching high-impact features
- You’re meticulous and extremely organized
- Must be a strong analytical and critical thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Google Analytics and SQL/Looker fluency
- Background in managing integrations with third party software
- An understanding of event-based architecture, UTM codes
- Desire to learn and stay on top of new technologies and methodologies
- Seasoned agile coach
NICE TO HAVES
- Background in UI/UX and/or software engineering
- Know how to navigate HTML5/CSS3 (Sass, Less) and/or modern front-end JS frameworks, such as Vue.js, React, Angular
- Copywriting experience
- Past employment in food
- Involvement at a rapidly growing start-up
- Previous exposure to supply chain teams
To apply for this opportunity, please send your résumé and a paragraph describing what excites you about this position to [email protected] with "Your Name | Product Manager at WA" written in the subject line.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!