3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
What is Sideways 6?
Sideways 6 exists to build better businesses through employee ideas. We are a SaaS business that allows our customers to collect employee ideas by integrating with enterprise collaboration tools that they already know and love and we are on a mission to give 50 million people a voice.
We were named one of the ‘UK's Top SaaS Companies to Work For' thanks to how we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, plenty of room to develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special.
At Sideways 6 we live by six core values that drive us to do our best work.
Own It, Make the Boat Go Faster, Always be Learning, Start with Why, Embrace Transparency, Celebrate Success.
We have an office based in London and one in Minsk, where our customer support and engineering team are based.
Our internal culture committee is very active and we organise lots of socials and team activities, so you will get to know us all in no time! Friday beers and cheers is a great way to wind down after a week at work and celebrate the small (and big!) wins and things that made us smile that week. We also love a bit of company swag, so if you love wearing hoodies to work, you will fit right in)
We are looking for a mid-senior Product Manager with experience working with APIs who is either fully remote, or can work from our engineering office in Minsk, Belarus. You will be reporting into our Head of Product and working closely day-to-day with our UX designer, engineering team and customer support.
Our culture is really important to us, so we are looking for someone who can demonstrate all of our values above, as well as creativity, organisational skills and a data-driven approach.
We need someone who has great empathy for users and can ask all the right questions to really understand their needs. Someone who can translate user needs into features that will help us build a product that users love.
You demonstrate a passion for the art of product management and are constantly looking for ways to learn and improve your craft.
You must be able to prioritise ruthlessly, to focus on the initiatives that will deliver the most value from our development efforts.
You will work closely with our user experience designer and engineers to develop and refine user stories and manage these through development.
You will be given a squad and the freedom to define what you build, as long as you can demonstrate sound thought processes and can justify your feature plans.
Our business integrates with leading enterprise social networks, so you will develop deep expertise in our integrations and be responsible for maintaining and improving them, managing the associated risks and working closely with our technology partners.
Now for the detailed bit…
What you will be doing:
- Research, identify, define and refine our product problem spaces
- Conduct market, competitor, customer and internal research to help you define the problem space and brainstorm ideas for the product
- Own product usage KPIs and success metrics and developing strategies for achieving product success.
- Work with our technology partners to further strengthen our integrated approach
- Design and run experiments to help you define which features to build – and which ones not to build.
- Ruthlessly prioritise your time and product feature development, balancing quality, competitive advantage, customer need and innovation using a data-driven approach.
- Define, articulate and manage user stories and user story maps
- Act as high availability product owner for our integrations, with total knowledge of the what and the why
- Deliver the product – be accountable for the delivery of features to address a problem statement
- Communicate product user stories and rationale with all stakeholders within the business
- Create, maintain and communicate product roadmaps within your area on a monthly basis; document change
- Create and maintain a product wiki
Qualifications and experience required
- 3-5 years Product Management experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong understanding of lean product management principles
- Strong understanding of UX principles
- Strong technical background, preferably in API space
- Experience working with APIs and integrations to enterprise collaboration tools preferred (Yammer, Workplace, MS Teams, Slack, Chatter or similar)
- User research: interviews, listening, synthesising information and drawing conclusions.
- Must have core product management skills (writing awesome user stories, personas, rough sketching, user testing, prioritising like a boss)
- Stakeholder management – a great ability to communicate effectively inside and outside our organisation
- Defining the product feature KPIs, measure engagement and feature success rate.
- Presenting to an audience, in meetings, to stakeholders, 1-1
- Making data driven decisions
- Have the confidence and ability to say no (tactfully!)
If you think Sideways 6 is the kind of company you want to work with and you would be a good fit, apply now!
Even if you meet 70% of the criteria above, we still want to hear from you.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!