4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
We're building something that's not easy, we need the best, you can work from home, we have an annual company trip, and you'll get a deep level of satisfaction. IC role, you'll own ticket writing, context, examples, and influence and opinion over how things get built, both functionally and technically, working with our engineering and CS teams.
You'll work on both of Blackthorn.io's Payments and Events apps.
US or Canada
CEO + CTO
You are never satisfied. You long for things in life to work better. Like BASF, we don't make new things, we just make them exceptionally better.
You'll be charged with taking large-scale feature requests from stakeholders (customers, prospects, and our team) and the CEO and making them a reality.
Why is our work important
Our apps provide our customers what they're looking for with Events and Payments without being hard to set up. Most apps in our space take weeks to implement, ours take hours, and they work more flexibly, achieving significantly more functionality than our competitors.
IC (individual contributor) or Management. We're a ~22 person team growing quickly. We're at the precipice of the classic SaaS hockey stick growth chart and are now starting to scale, so those who produce will be able to define their own path. We deliver a bigger scope of your responsibilities than larger companies and your impact will be directly quantifiable to the success of the company and our customers.
You'll work with our team to learn our stack and vision over the course of many months, but will be expected to begin contributing within a few days.
Relation of work to other departments
You'll work with everyone on the team in solutioning new features, join the Engineering two daily stand-ups, test with our success team, and occasionally join customer calls for trickier testing and feature delivery.
What the job will bring you
Set a standard for our front-end. We'll be building new UIs for our products, focusing on our Events UIs, across multiple front-end languages, working with our now-hiring-for UI/UX designer. You'll have ownership over the front-end architecture, under the approval of our CTO.
- Develop specs for features, see a feature from inception through to delivery and gauge user feedback.
- Write user stories with examples, context, and testing criteria. Your mission is to save the devs tons of time by delivering clear expectations, not the technical approach. You should weigh in on approach considerations, the good and the bad.
- Work with the CEO, CTO, and Customer Success team to understand which features need to get developed.
- Assist with prioritization of work on the daily stand-ups.
- 2+ years as a product manager, writing user stories, defining expectations, working with engineering teams
- Tech background in code. Minimally, HTML and CSS. Ideally, experience with a programming language (any). This is not a programming job, but exposure to code helps give context
- Current on the latest business apps being released, ideally in the Events software space
- Have used the Salesforce.com platform
- Excellent English written and oral communication
- Detailed and organized
- Happy working from home
- Happy in a fast-paced environment
What We Offer
- An incredible team of smart and supportive people
- A deep feeling of satisfaction and completion
- Work from home
- Health insurance
- Company trip
401k, Healthcare, Maternity/Paternity Leave, Annual Company Trip
Cypress/Cucumber, Github, Angular, React, Heroku/AWS, Mongo + MySQL, REST APIs, Salesforce, VS Code (primary), Ionic
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!