CourseStorm streamlines access to education by providing powerful class registration, enrollment management, and marketing tools that are simple for learners and educators to use. We’ve already connected over 350,000 students with education – and we’re growing fast. We’re seeking a motivated, curious, and skilled Product Manager to help us design the future of our platform and amplify the impact we can have.
You will work directly with teams across CourseStorm to develop roadmaps, design the product, oversee and guide its development, and shape the future of access to education. We're looking for someone who genuinely enjoys learning, listening, and collaborating to make fantastic customer experiences. You'll be part of an energized startup environment filled with interesting challenges and take advantage of a rare opportunity to join the leadership team at our fast-growing company.
- Coordinate heavily with the Engineering Manager on day-to-day progress of Product project work. Creating plans, answering questions, generating designs, performing QA (at the design/behavioral level), etc.
- Work with multiple stakeholders at the Leadership level to create a Product Roadmap
- Stakeholders include: Business, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Software Engineering, and Customer Success
- Gather and prioritizing product and customer requirements
- Scope and prioritize projects based on business and customer impact
- Package the Roadmap into a narrative to describe what is being achieved and why it's a priority
- Working closely with Engineering to develop high level project outlines and timelines for execution before more detailed plans are made.
- Act as the primary recipient of Product feedback from the company. Work with team members to develop systems to organize and structure that feedback into a useful format to help guide Product updates.
- On a project level
- Develop a Product Plan including user stories, feature and UX descriptions, as well as UI mockups that meet Core UX Values.
- Responsible for continued coordination between stakeholders, answering questions that arise during development, etc by acting as point person for the projects.
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products and samples
- Perform research, conduct customer development, synthesize, and provide recommendations based on insights
- Create and report on Product KPIs
- Responsible for management
- Hire/Review/Promote/Termination of team members (Hiring & Termination processes will involve multiple stakeholders)
- Make resource requests for equipment, new team members, etc.
- Budgetary management, as needed
You'll Love this Job if You...
- Are passion about designing fantastic customer experiences
- Care deeply about creating an experience that’s simple for everyone to use
- Love working with people across domains and designing a cohesive Product strategy
- Want your work to make a big impact both for learners around the country and for CourseStorm
- Hold yourself and your work to a high standard and have a fundamental need to work with others who do the same
- Are excited about being an early part of a rapidly growing team
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of product and team management experience
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Outstanding group leadership and facilitation skills
- Natural ability to simplify complexity
- Storytelling ability to paint a compelling narrative to inspire teams and customers
- Ability to create detailed Product project plans in coordination with Engineering leadership
- Strong, direct experience designing software UI/UX
- Strong understanding of (does not need to have prior direct professional experience in these areas, but must have a strong adjacent experience, exposure, and understanding):
- Software Engineering (web-based)
- Business, Sales, and Marketing
- Customer Success
- Ability to balance the needs of sales, marketing, current customers and future opportunities.
- A comfort with making hard decisions and prioritization tradeoffs between stakeholders knowing that every decision is imperfect, but can drive toward a better future
- An ability to communicate a narrative that rallies stakeholders behind a vision regardless of their individual interest
- A healthy and thriving company culture -- you get to work with an amazing team.
- A rare opportunity to influence the company at the leadership level
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- SIMPLE IRA w/ matching
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Unique $250 / year education stipend: buy books, classes, videos, etc -- just learn something new!
Remote work is available and you may choose to work from home, however candidates must be able to travel to our office in Orono, Maine, at least 4 times per year.
At CourseStorm, empathy and inclusivity shape the heart of our company. We believe that everyone is needed to build a better world through education. The unique experiences, perspectives, and talents of our team members aren’t accessories – they are instrumental to our success and the impact we make. We welcome anyone with an open mind and an open heart to join us on this journey.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time