Product Development Manager
Get It Right
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We’re Sorry Robots, a full-stack hardware and software design firm. We make and sell physical products under our GIR and Voltaire brands, and our Manifest operational intelligence software leverages over a decade of design, production, creative, sales, and logistics experience to help fellow product businesses to grow and scale. In short, we spend our time finding ways to Get It Right. We started with the perfect spatula. These days, we work on everything from cooking tools and coffee gear to mobile apps and custom products. There's a lot going on here—we're not reinventing the wheel, but everything else is fair game.
At a high level, the Product Development Manager is responsible for all things involving our Industrial Design customers. From daily status updates for customers to late night communication with factories overseas, you'll be keeping everyone in alignment and everything moving forward!
Our ideal teammate is motivated, super organized, and responsive. You also have excellent communication skills, and are comfortable with a high degree of diplomacy. You'll fit here if you have an internal drive for growth and excellence. We have room for growth in our design department, and we are excited to see what fresh ideas you bring to the table and how you maximize the opportunities we already have.
At Sorry Robots, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We’re committed to building a diverse and well-rounded team from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. This job is fully remote, and interfaces with our teams in California, Chicago, NYC, and China on a daily basis.
A little more about our team: We’re hungry. We’re organized. We’ve got extreme attention to detail. We’re always on. We’re never not helpful. We’re invested in how the work gets done. We’re willing and able to extract additional detail from stakeholders so that the work can reach its potential. We don’t sit around and wait for anything; we find the next opportunity for a win, and we go for it. And if most of that describes you too, we really want to meet you.
- Manage product development projects from inception to completion, balancing multiple internal and client projects simultaneously
- Prioritize key clients and manage a constant communication stream of new product ideas and improvements
- Manage all incoming product development requests, maximizing sales with new clients
- Evaluate the feasibility of pricing, timelines, and client goals, and advise accordingly
- Work closely with Design team, Operations Department, and CEO
- Liaise with product engineers and factory managers to establish product quotes, timelines, updates, and shipping
- Manage client budgets for projects, including invoicing
- Maintain acceptable internal margins and profit thresholds for all projects, reporting regularly to CFO
- Work to achieve on-time on-budget goals
- 3-5 years of experience in product development and manufacturing, ideally in consumer goods
- Strong analytics capabilities relating to profit margins, business trends, market segmentation, research and trends, market research, opportunity assessment, product lines, and product line planning
- High adaptivity, with the ability to create alignment among competing priorities and pivot quickly in response to new opportunities
- Project management experience in Asana, Jira, or similar software
- Customer service or account communication experience with a high level of written and verbal polish
- Attention to detail and an eye for aesthetics
- Health care plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement plan (401k, IRA)
- Flexible time off policy
- Remote work culture
- Winter break!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈