Privacy and Security Product Manager
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America
Learn: Code review at Mozilla includes pushing to passionate contributors around the world. Building Firefox and its family of products requires knowledge up and down the stack, and extremely high standards for security and optimization. Beyond the browser, we’re developing AR/VR, IoT, and voice recognition products that respect and protect privacy.
Grow: We’re dedicated to helping every team member develop. We give engineers trust and responsibility from day one, offer generous stipends for learning opportunities, and provide mentorship, especially around key leadership skills like collaboration and clear, kind communication.
Make Your Mark: We’re small but mighty, challenging the biggest behemoths on the internet with a staff the size of their marketing departments. That means every engineer can have an outsized impact on products that touch tens of millions of users—ultimately influencing how the entire internet works.
A lot of companies say they’re “driven by their mission”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Mozilla is seeking a credible Senior Staff Product Manager. This role will own the overall strategy of privacy product portfolio, vision and roadmap. You will work with multi-functional teams to design and build privacy, security and networking features for existing products as well as create new product strategies. We are searching for a proactive, experienced, and passionate individual with a shown ability to produce excellent results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment! We are looking for creative individuals willing to travel within North America, Europe, and potentially other global locations. Are you looking for a company that supports passion, courage and creativity? Join Mozilla - a company you can be proud of as we shape the Internet!
- Be part of defining privacy, security and networking product strategy and roadmaps for existing and future products.
- Clearly set the product/backlog prioritization with a balance of near-term deliverables and longer-term investment in various platforms.
- Be a product evangelist and partner closely with internal and external business partners and engineering leaders.
- Communicate strategies and trade-offs up to senior leaders and cross-functional teams.
- Synthesize market changes and technology improvements into meaningful advancements for our products.
- Maximize utility of features common to multiple partners, and efficiently tackle for local and global functionalities critical to enable market success.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships to accelerate momentum.
- Domain expertise in privacy, security, and networking.
- Balance technical and business insight; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on business.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator; seeks understanding.
- 8 to 10+ years in the high tech industry with experience owning products from inception to launch at a combination of both small and large organizations.
- 5+ years senior product manager level experience leading geographically distributed teams to include remote teams.
- Previous experience of user engagement for a high-traffic product with millions of users.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, which include active listening and the ability to present complex ideas in concise written and verbal descriptions easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have previously driven a product development process to include assessment of: impact, risk analysis, prioritization, and analysis.
- Your experience includes working with external partners both in the U.S. and abroad in a product management role.
- You can identify customer and business problems, participating in the product vision, and writing clear/concise requirements with consideration for the end-to-end experience.
- You appreciate integrity and approach business, decision-making, and responsibilities honestly and openly.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender (with or without sexual conduct), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!