As the Principal Product Manager for Security, you’ll be defining the security strategy and roadmap for our industry-leading NoSQL database and cloud offerings. We are looking for someone with a passion for the challenges in data security and a strong technical background in compliance requirements in database, cloud, and distributed systems. The successful candidate needs to have prior experience in product management and a very good understanding of region and industry specific compliance requirements such as PCI DSS, GDPR, NIST-FIPS, HIPPA, SOX-COBIT etc.
- Understand market opportunities of various compliance requirements, define the security strategy, and drive the requirements for new security capabilities and controls for Couchbase data platform and cloud offerings.
- Develop market and product requirement specifications, and work with the engineering teams to prioritize and deliver feature requests from concept to general availability.
- Engage with customers to understand their evolving security and compliance requirements, influence and develop the product roadmap and identify high-value integrations with the broader security ecosystem.
- Work both internally with functional groups (engineering, marketing, support, sales, etc.) as well as externally with customers and partners to drive feature priorities, release content, and customer requirements.
- Contribute content for sales and sales engineering trainings, product launches, webinars, and Couchbase conferences.
- 5+ years of experience in the information management industry, with deep understanding of security and compliance requirements
- 5+ years technical product management experience in a fast-paced technology company
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science
- Critical thinker with a strong bias towards action, able to go deep into technology and relate technical enhancements to customer use cases
- Track record of exceptional performance and as a collaborative team player
- Clear, crisp communicator with strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in a start-up environment is a strong plus
Couchbase's mission is to be the platform that accelerates application innovation. To make this possible, Couchbase created an enterprise-class, multi-cloud NoSQL database architected on top of an open source foundation. Couchbase is the only database that combines the best of NoSQL with the power and familiarity of SQL, all in a single, elegant platform spanning from any cloud to the edge.
Couchbase has become pervasive in our everyday lives; our customers include industry leaders Amadeus, AT&T, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Carrefour, Comcast, Disney, DreamWorks Animation, eBay, Marriott, Neiman Marcus, Tesco, Tommy Hilfiger, United, Verizon, Wells Fargo, as well as hundreds of other household names.
Couchbase’s HQ is conveniently located in Santa Clara, CA with additional offices throughout the globe. We’re committed to a work environment where you can be happy and thrive, in and out of the office.
At Couchbase, you’ll get:
* A fantastic culture
* A focused, energetic team with aligned goals
* True collaboration with everyone playing their positions
* Great market opportunity and growth potential
* Time off when you need it.
* Regular team lunches and fully-stocked kitchens.
* Open, collaborative spaces.
* Competitive benefits and pre-tax commuter perks
Whether you’re a new grad or a proven expert, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Revolutionizing an industry requires a top-notch team. Become a part of ours today. Bring your big ideas and we'll take on the next great challenge together.
Check out some recent industry recognition:
Couchbase is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Couchbase are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.