Principal Product Manager - API & Developer Tools
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Procore is looking for a Principal Product Manager to play an integral role in creating a world-class experience for third parties building a business within the Procore Ecosystem. In this role, you will own and manage our core developer services, including APIs, software developer kits, and developer tools, which are critical to the success of the ecosystem.
The construction vertical is ripe for technological innovation. Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s one of the least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. Procore is leading the market with our SaaS construction platform. We build for real people with real experiences, empowering Groundbreakers to develop and transform the communities where we all live.
This position will report to the Senior Director, Product Management and has the opportunity to work remotely from a U.S. location or in our Carpinteria, CA, New York, NY, or Austin, TX office. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and own the roadmap for Ecosystem APIs, SDKs, and developer tools
- Deeply understand current developer needs and opportunities to build scalable, sustainable apps within the Procore Ecosystem
- Partner with Partnerships, Customer Success, and Technical Services to define developer needs and understand technical requirements
- Define success metrics and prioritize key initiatives to drive developer engagement and growth
- Create and run A/B testing programs to optimize the developer experience
- Partner closely with Engineering by developing detailed technical requirements to build a secure, stable, consistent developer platform
- Represent the company to engage with the public developer community, participate in tech talks and conferences to highlight our Ecosystem
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of product management experience, including 2+ years managing APIs, SDKs, or other developer-facing products
- Computer Science degree or equivalent foundational software development experience
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fluid, dynamic environment
- Track record of building high-quality ecosystems recognized by developers and have generated business value
- Passion and curiosity to seek a deep understanding of end-user problems as well as competitive and market trends in the industry
- Strategic, analytical thinker with the ability to make data-driven decisions
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership, and influencing skills
- Strong prioritization skills of competing needs and tradeoffs to articulate a clear rationale to affected stakeholders
- Comfortable having detailed ecosystem strategy, architecture, and design discussions with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication to clearly distill substance and convey complex points concisely
- Previous experience managing high complexity technical products with a diverse set of audiences preferred
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈