Principal Product Manager, Ads Data
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US or Canada
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. Groceries are a vital part of our lives, but shopping for them hasn’t fundamentally changed since the first supermarket opened 100 years ago.
Food is sustenance, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We're building a team of incredibly talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of being the world leader in online grocery. You'll work among star engineers, designers, data scientists, and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth.
About Instacart Ads
Instacart Ads help brands attract and engage customers at every stage of their shopping journey — from initial keyword search and aisle browsing through checkout. Our vision is to democratize the grocery store by offering brands of all sizes an equal opportunity to reach potential customers.
About the Ads Data and Measurement Team
The mission of the Ads Data and Measurement team is to build data and measurement products that demonstrate advertiser value on our platform, including a comprehensive set of metrics and transparent reporting on our ad products and products that leverage the rich purchase data across retailers at a national scale to create value for our CPG partners. The scope of the Ads Data and Measurement team also includes building tools and dashboards leveraging this data to surface rich insights that help advertisers understand and optimize their business on Instacart. This role will work closely with focus on defining our ads data strategy, identifying new ways to leverage our rich data to build new data and measurement products for marketers .
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead and drive ads data vision, strategy and development
- Understand and help formulate Instacart’s data policies and partner with the business teams to develop our ads data strategy.
- Identify ways in which we can add value to CPG partners and retailers leveraging our data including determining appropriate data sharing means (portal, API, data clean rooms)
- Data model for our Ads and CPG manufacturer partnerships: source of truth, chain of custody, freshness, completeness, auditability
- Keeping abreast of and implementing data privacy opt outs so user privacy is always respected on our platform in accordance with data privacy / governance rules.
- Work with Engineering, Design, Marketing and Sales, to build, test, and ship products
- 8+ years experience in Product Management at a technology company.
- 3+ years experience working on Ads Data
- An understanding of search and display advertising technologies, familiarity with the ad tech echo system and leveraging data for targeting, measurement and insights for direct response and brand advertising
- Passion for creating value through data products and yearn to be on the bleeding edge of data technology developments in the ad tech space.
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by crafting customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Experience taking one or more data products through the full product cycle, from requirements to launch
- Experience defining vision, strategy and roadmap for data products
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment and enjoy forming and building relationships with technical or commercial stakeholders.
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:US or Canada.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈