Principal Product Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
Principal Product Manager - United Kingdom, Remote
Wagestream is the global leader in Earned Wage Access (EWA). We provide an income streaming solution for employers to give employees instant access to their earnings, and prevent them ever having to go into debt between pay cycles.
We were founded for a social purpose to reduce the poverty premium. We believe the monthly pay cycle is fundamentally broken and unfair to employees, and that we can fix it. We know financial services are better served through the employer, and have built a set of tools [track, stream, save, learn], that boost the financial resilience of a workforce and have a measurable and proven impact on employee retention and productivity.
We love our clients and do everything we can to support them. We already help 350,000 employees access their income when they need it, across some of the largest organisations in the UK including the NHS, Bupa, Holland & Barrett, Stonegate Pubs and Rentokil. In July 2020, Wagestream raised additional funding to expand into new markets in Europe and North America.
Your Role Reporting directly to the CPO, this is a mission-critical hire at a pivotal moment in the journey of Wagestream’s product team. Our core EWA feature has made us market-leader in the UK and helped us improve the lives of half a million workers; we are now expanding internationally and charting a path to build true financial resilience for millions of people around the world.
You will be responsible for owning our strategy, discovery and execution for new financial products to further this mission, drawing on brilliant peers in design, data, engineering and commercial to be successful.
There are few product areas more emotionally charged than the handling of other people’s salaries, and meaningfully making an impact on financial resilience is a hard problem. As a result, this is a role which requires originality, an extremely high ethical bar and the ability to empathise deeply with end users.
- Own strategy for your product area
- Discover important problems to solve and validate them quickly.
- Motivate and make best use of the expert skills of your colleagues to rapidly prototype and validate solutions.
- Meaningfully contribute to the advancement of our mission.
- Meaningfully contribute to Wagestream’s customer and revenue growth.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management as an individual contributor
- Detail and depth oriented; enthusiasm to go deep on the regulations, research, etc. to learn from the best and discover opportunities others won’t see.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business-level impact on revenue and/or customer growth.
- Exceptional ability to execute in an empowered product engineering organisation.
- Experience working in B2B SaaS
- Experience working in a high-growth scale-up
- Welcome you as a part of the team that is changing the way people are paid, forever.
- Embrace you within our culture of trust and autonomy
- Encourage you to have impact in a growing business with big plans
- Provide you with all the tools you need to complete the job successfully - from equipment & training, to onboarding and support.
- We're a Remote First business - work from your home office or our London office - you choose!
- Help you manage a busy lifestyle with flexible working opportunities
- Each country we work in has a slightly different, but highly competitive, benefits package, you can find an overview on our careers page, or please just ask us!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈