Principal Product Manager
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Openly is one of the fastest-growing Insurtechs in the country, building a next-generation insurance company from the ground up. We've launched our homeowners product with great success in five states and are looking to expand into twenty-five states by the end of 2021. We're paying close attention to the way customers want insurance to work, and questioning the way things have been done in this industry for over a hundred years - everything from how insurance is quoted and sold, to the frustrating back-end operations that waste money. Insurance is filled with interesting engineering problems that need a fresh perspective. You can watch our Techstars 2018 Demo Day video to learn more about what we've built.
This isn't something we've undertaken on a whim - the founding team brings executive-level experience from Liberty Mutual Insurance and Goldman Sachs, with mastery in actuarial science, computer engineering, math, and finance (MIT, Duke, and the University of Michigan). The rest of the team are key early hires who are experts in their respective fields of statistics, actuarial science, and engineering.
We're backed by a select group of deeply knowledgeable and dedicated investors. Our seed round was led by Gradient Ventures (Google's AI fund) and Obvious Ventures, a socially-minded top-tier VC behind companies like Beyond Meat and Medium, led our recent Series A.
We are committed to continuing to build a diverse and inclusive workplace. We want to encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status to apply.
Openly is hiring a Principal Product Manager to work closely with our executives, engineering and tech teams to be thought-leaders and drive product launches. In this role, they will act as the “voice of the customer”, be that agents, consumers, or internal stakeholders to document requirements and help solve product challenges.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to create buy-in for the product vision
- Working with agent experience (service), claims, biz-dev, and product (actuarial) to capture system feature & functionality requests, prioritize and challenge, and be a conduit for communication between technology and project stakeholders.
- Participating in project planning and requirements gathering when working with external vendors (data or counterparty)
- Develop and manage a long-term (but potentially fluid) roadmap of how the product will evolve ; specifically challenging our own internal biases, as well as existing industry norms; constantly keeping a pulse on feedback from clients, quantitative data from your web analytics, research reports, market trends and statistics.
- Work closely with engineering to execute that vision, helping to push or pull projects across the finish line
- Act as the “voice of the customer”, be that agents, consumers, or internal stakeholders to document requirements and help solve product challenges.
- Drive product launches including working with business development team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet
- strategic, financial, and technical goals
- PM Leader makes sure that everyone is moving at the same pace, and working towards the same goal — to be the first team over their market finish line.
- 10+ years of professional experience in insurance or financial services product management desired
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to maximize our resources
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Maintain a technical mindset, with an understanding of what's possible with the resources we have
- Ability to multitask and many in-flight projects
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, dynamic environment.
- Analytical and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- Ability to ensure projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- You are able to define, clearly communicate, and lead the excellent execution of our product strategy
- Past experience and product launches demonstrate a clear and consistent focus on customer-driven product design and data-driven improvement
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈