Lead Product Manager, End to End Experience
2 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
Upwork is looking for a Lead Product Manager who is passionate about delighting customers by building quality end to end experiences. We've formed a team to focus on the user experience and fit and finish of our product, setting the bar on quality for our company. You will consume customer feedback from user research, customer support conversations, NPS comments, and prioritize the most important issues our customers face. You will lead a team of designers and engineers to solve issues across the customer journey, removing the friction that is slowing down our users. Customers will be thrilled. Our support team and sales teams will cheer you on as you bury long standing issues that make their jobs more difficult. With you at the helm, no longer will we leave poor experiences unexamined.
This role requires a passion for our customers, attention to detail, curiosity, critical thinking, and a thoughtful approach to problem solving.
- Consume customer insights from live user research, product audits, customer-facing teams, in-Product feedback, support tickets, and NPS feedback and prioritize them for your own team's work and for other Product leaders
- Collaborate with designers, user researchers, data scientists, developers, and other product managers to frame problems and take ideas from ideation through implementation
- Lead projects from conception to perfection: research, ideation, strategy, information architecture, interaction design, launch, testing, and iteration until we get it right
- Work closely with designers and developers to deliver a polished final product
- Proactively partner with teams who own pieces of the experience, dividing and conquering and collaborating closely with high trust
- Combine findings from quantitative testing with user feedback to build beautiful experiences that delight customers and advance business goals
- Experience working as a product manager in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with building a roadmap, breaking it into experiments for testing hypotheses, and working to execute with cross-functional teams.
- Deep empathy for customer needs, frustrations, and aspirations. Familiarity with crafting user experiences and their impact on conversion funnels.
- Proven ability to combine data and customer feedback to frame problems and develop solutions.
- Compelling written and oral communication skills.
- You are able to build a sense of belonging for distributed teams
- You have experience running two-sided marketplaces, especially marketplaces with wildly diverse participants or offerings
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈