Lead Product Manager
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Grow Progress is hiring a lead product manager to help build cutting-edge persuasion technology for social good.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team that’s creating breakthrough tools to improve persuasion for social good strategists around the country — and who’s excited to lead the way and innovate.
Who We Are
- We’ve built a powerful SaaS platform for message testing that offers campaigns unprecedented access to run randomized controlled trials across a wider variety of messages. This capability powers campaigns, causes, and companies that make the world a better place. We currently work with many of the biggest Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country.
- Grow Progress gives our customers the power to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to match each audience member’s identity. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messaging that’s typically 200% to 500% more effective than their existing ads. We do this by predicting which personality traits and values are most important to each individual based on their digital footprints.
- We’re a team of experienced campaigners, data scientists, and engineers who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to make social good advocates more effective.
- We’re ambitious, efficient, low-ego, and we like to make each other laugh.
- Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We encourage everyone to feel comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise.
- Our team prides itself for its ability to be nimble with its process, and never fails to lighten the mood with a seriously terrible joke.
- You will be part of a team that works hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful.
- We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using the technology we build ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
- You will work on challenging technical problems with the goal of building lean and innovative solutions.
With established product-market fit and growing demand for our software, we are hiring our first product management leader to help us scale our offerings. You’ll be joining a dedicated product designer and a product-inclined executive team to own and streamline our planning processes, helping us arrive at data-driven and customer-focused decisions about what we prioritize. You’ll be helping us devise, plan, and execute on new features for our existing products and on new products that help Grow Progress and its customers be more effective.
As part of the team you will:
- Collaboratively lead sprint planning efforts and manage the backlog of features
- Define features using data-driven frameworks
- Write specs, user stories, and product planning docs
- Create prototypes, test plans, and release checklists
- Communicate functionality and incorporate feedback into future projects
- Manage the daily workflow alongside engineering and product design to ensure on-time and high-quality releases
- Own the process of maintaining and communicating our roadmap and hold our team accountable to its milestones
- Understand the customer through close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders
You’re a master collaborator who obsesses about solving customer problems. You’ve gone through the product cycle on a small team, including customer discovery, prototyping, iterating, shipping product, and product testing in the field. You’ve had successes and failures, and you’ve learned from both.
You can drive a process that taps into our team’s collective experience, leverages our customer relationships, and inspires our data scientists and engineers to build out tools that meet customers’ needs and maximize their effectiveness.
- An empathetic and collaborative co-creator with experience working alongside designers, engineers, and customers
- Opinionated but flexible
- Comfortable with ambiguity and making difficult tradeoffs
- Experienced in building and improving processes for technical products
- Curious: you listen to and learn from customers and colleagues
- Excellent at communicating findings and insights to anyone, no matter their background
- Comfortable leading the company in its product management efforts, as well as executing the strategy
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Passionate about progressive change
- Likely to have 5-15 years of experience in product management, ideally at startups or on small teams — but don’t let that stop you from applying if you have more experience and you’re excited about our mission!
Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We aim to cultivate an environment where creative hypotheses and evidence drive our decisions rather than just anecdotes, and where everyone feels comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise. We work hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful. We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using this technology ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. Qualified people of any race, ethnicity, culture, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, social class, marital status, religion, veteran status, or disability status are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary Range: $90,000-$120,000 plus equity. Benefits include health insurance reimbursements, five weeks of paid time off, an HSA, and a 401(k) among others.
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
To Apply: Fill out the form at the link below. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈