Head of Product Management (m/f/x)
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Location: Remote, Europe based
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud on Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise. We are a VC and Angel funded global technology company gearing up for hyper-growth with offices in the USA, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
We are looking for a Head of Product (m/f/x) to develop our product competency and successfully grow and lead our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role will lead the global Product Management function, people and budget at Crate.io and will report to the CTO.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- The ability to develop a high performing Product function and be instrumental in the future roadmap and direction of CrateDB and its Ecosystem
- Provide leadership to your team and grow aligned with the business needs
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Deep collaboration with C-level peers in sales, customer and partner success, and marketing
- Close interaction with Crate’s key customers, partners, and database users
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Interact with customers, partners, and investors to gather input for Crate’s product vision, strategy and priorities
- Work cross-functionally with engineering to drive the creation of new features and products that add additional value to our customers
- Understand, rationalize, and prioritize product requests against company and product objectives
- Be a domain expert: dive deep to understand the market (TAM, SAM, SOM), domain, competitive landscape and trends
- Own product SKU development and pricing models including Fremium strategy (open source) to enterprise versions
- Be the voice of the product internally and externally including analysts and investors, communicating the overall roadmap and feature releases, managing expectations with stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Work closely with Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams to successfully launch new features
- Set quarterly objectives and key results to help align and drive the team’s performance
- Build out the product organization including hiring and development of team members
- 8+ years experience as product manager in the B2B space, SaaS required
- Experience working in an agile environment and familiar with state-of-the-art product management principles, such as story mapping, including iterative releases, minimum viable products and build-measure-learn
- Knowledge of pricing and pricing models (on prem, cloud, hybrid, edge); open source experience preferred
- Strong numerical agility. Comfortable setting solid quantities goals and ensuring we crunch the data to produce the necessary insights
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English, German beneficial.
- You are outgoing but are also a really good listener
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈