Growth Product Manager
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA and Europe only
In short: Full-time position, Gustav's first Growth Product Manager
- We build software that helps businesses to find & hire available temporary talent represented by the best staffing agencies in the world
- Hundreds of staffing agencies already use Gustav and we are growing every day. We are aiming to build a world-class product & operations department helping us to scale our customer base to thousands of companies.
- We have raised $4M+ so far and are backed by the world's best venture capital firms and business angels including Y Combinator, Beenext, Speedinvest, Youtube co-founder Jawed Karim and many others who are supporting us in our vision to create the worlds largest recruitment marketplace for contract talent.
- We are a fully remote company with employees located in US and Europe.
As our first Growth Product Manager, you will play a critical role in establishing the basis for Gustav's customer success and product organization. The role is all about understanding what our users think, how they use our product, what currently holds them back, and figure out how we can improve our customer experience. The role is very hands-on in analyzing user behavior and coming up with measures to lead them in a certain direction in the product. As we are a B2B marketplace it is especially important to understand supply and demand its underlying drivers.
- Apply skills from user science, analytics and business acumen to identify user pain points and prioritize problems to solve in our product
- Build and maintain reports, models, and visualizations which provide insight into users experiences and business performance
- Collaborate with the engineering and product team to set up or configure tracking and analytics products that will shed light on customer activities. Use this data to create actionable campaigns to drive customer engagement
- Own performance of our conversion funnel from registration and onboarding to early retention and growth loops like referrals, and partner closely with design and engineering to implement
- Understand customer outcomes by communicating with users on a daily basis, analyze customer health metrics, run NPS and gather feedback via Intercom, live demos, webinars and phone calls
- Conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions
- Make recommendations based on detailed analysis and a deep understanding of our product
- Manage the creation of training and support materials such as How-to videos, help center articles and product tours
- Manage customer support chat experience in Intercom.
- Automate workflows and data flow between various tools (i.e. via Zapier, Airtable etc.)
- Manage, draft and schedule engagement campaigns to customers via Intercom
- Draft and schedule product update emails to customers via Intercom and Headway App
- Represent the voice of the customer to provide input into every core product, marketing and sales strategy
- Implement and document best practices in Notion that will be used to onboard the next members of your team
- 3+ years in a PM (or founder) role at a rapidly growing company
- 1+ years in a team leadership role within product management
- Experience with B2B marketplace is a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience using data and analytical abilities to help solve problems and make decisions
- You're process-oriented and excited about solving problems, designing workflows, finding creative solutions, and helping improve business processes as we grow
- Strong attention to detail - great products are all about the details
- You have strong proficiency in spreadsheets (and proficiency in basic SQL highly desired)
- You are not afraid to pick up the phone and occasionally cold call a customer and engage in product feedback conversations
- You have used tools like Intercom, Mixpanel/Heap, Segment, Hotjar, Zapier, Airtable, Upscope, Notion and are eager to learn new tools
- You have used databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.
- You have experience with tracking events, visualizing workflows/funnels, and use this data to make decisions on product changes and feature adoption campaigns
- You have experience working in fully remote teams and possess the ability to manage your time wisely
- You have experience working in a smaller company environment, ideally with experience reporting to a founding CEO and CPO.
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication, planning, and project management skills with individuals at both peer and management level
- You are joining a small startup and take on responsibility! You are excited and eager to roll up your sleeves and hustles with the founders
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- We are anti-racist and fully support all genders. We love that everybody loves differently. And will make your life as easy as possible. No matter your cultural or religious needs.
- We will not ask about any of those things in an interview or later on. If you want to share your story, we'd love to listen. If not, that's cool!
- We don't look for traditionally successful CVs. To build a special environment, we don't rely on typical measures of judging.
Work remotely: We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive. For this role, you would ideally be located in a US timezone (CST, MST, EST) as it requires live customer interaction. 99% of our customers are currently based in the US.
Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members.
Fitness Allowance: We will pay for your gym membership, yoga studio membership, or whatever activity you do to stay healthy.
Home office setup + hardware/software coverage: Get a laptop and whatever hardware, software, or services you need and are reasonable to do your job.
⛺ Minimum vacation: At least 15 days. If you feel the need for a break just let us know and we will make it happen.
✈ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers at least once per year.
Make a big difference and grow with us: Work directly with company founders in a small and flexible team.
Throughout this process, you'll have both asynchronous and real-time conversations with us utilizing tools that we use every day such as:
Conversations via Zoom - meet the team for each stage "in person" on video calls.
Access to a private Slack channel - chat directly with the founders to ask any questions you may have after having passed the 1st interview round.
Here's a breakdown of our recruitment process:
1. Getting to know each other: You'll spend some time chatting with us over Zoom to learn more about the company and the opportunity. (~30 minutes)
2. Skill assessment: You'll complete a brief exercise to help us learn more about your skills, strategic thinking and product expertise. (~1 hour)
3. Interview: Deep dive conversation into the role with our CPO. Discussion of skill assessment. (~2 hour)
4. Meet the team: You'll get to meet the other founders (Daniel & Jan). We value team fit over everything else. (~30 minutes)
5. Hiring decision/offer: We are mindful of your time. Going through all stages can be done within one week. Once you've passed them all and we are both happy you will receive a formal offer.
6. Final conversation (we would like to hire you): We are going to chat about any concerns you might have, on-boarding as well as any other details to get you started. (~1 hour)
We are lucky to hear from you!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA and Europe only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈