Director of Product, Platform & Shared Services
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The Platforms & Shared Services team enables Upwork to deliver core common capabilities to both internal and external customers. They lead and manage services ranging from authentication to our mobile app framework, from case management tools to many of our internal APIs. As Upwork grows to serve a wider array of customers and business models, this team is critical to our ability to scale the world’s largest world marketplace.
In this role, you’ll drive the roadmap for this team of high performing PMs and set new operating models in place as Upwork evolves into a multi-product company. You will raise the bar for performance and efficiency for both our internal teams and our customers.
- Lead and develop your team of PMs in the art of product management and the science of highly performant, thoughtful solutions to complex technical challenges..
- Lead and partner with other product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, analyst, ontologists, and product marketers to to execute cross-product and cross-functional initiatives.
- Drive proven results through both developer efficiency and continuous quantitative tests across the Upwork ecosystem.
- Experience hiring, developing, and leading highly performant platform and shared services product teams
- Comfort in technical conversations, weighing technology choices, and communicating at varying levels of abstraction.
- A consistent track record of leading complex, at-times technical initiatives across product and engineering teams.
- A strong executive presence for collaborating with customers, peers, colleagues, and executives. You can succinctly articulate goals, progress, and priorities in written, verbal, and presentation formats.
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that translates to not just building great products and growing a strong team, but helping Upwork to be a stronger company and a better place to work.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We’re a remote-first organization supported by offices in Santa Clara and Chicago, working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We build amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈