Director of Product Marketing, Elastic Stack
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: US or Europe
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are a group of creative technologists that live at the intersection of engineering and storytelling. From producing a video tutorial to composing a complex demo, we love crafting technical content that connects the what, how, and why of our product stack in an authentic and engaging way. Whether it’s a minor release or a new product launch, we drive all aspects of the go-to-market strategy — from defining the core message to getting the company enabled and aligned on it. Product managers bring products to life, we bring them to market.
We're looking to add a new node to our cluster, focusing on defining and driving the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for the Elastic Stack. This role is responsible for all aspects of the go-to-market, including market segmentation, messaging and positioning, competitive differentiation, product marketing, field enablement, media and analyst relations. You will work closely with Elastic product managers and engineering to align and communicate Elastic's vision with the market, users, customers, and partners. Success criteria include market expansion, internal and external validation, and customer success that translates into recurring revenue for Elastic.
- Provide thought leadership around the role of the Elastic Stack in our solutions and the market.
- Be the expert on target personas and segments, how users embrace and customers buy our products, and the value they derive from them.
- Define the go-to-market plan and measurable critical metrics against key goals; report on key initiatives at the company level.
- Own external messaging that clearly articulates the Elastic’s position and differentiation
- Grow and share expert knowledge on competitive capabilities.
- Lead cloud-related strategy for community, events, and analyst relations
- Build, curate, and present compelling content for releases, executive briefings, blogs, and internal enablement.
- Represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, and press interviews.
- Lead a growing Elastic Stack PMM team including hiring and development of talent.
- Highly meaningful domain expertise - experience in our main solutions (Observability, Security, Enterprise Search) or datastore/NoSQL platforms. Familiarity with the Elastic Stack a plus.
- Deep understanding of how open source communities adopt products. Experience leading go-to-market at an open-source company a plus.
- Several years of experience leading outbound product initiatives passionate about enterprise customers with complex requirements.
- Experience leading product and/or product marketing functions at a specialized business unit, collaborating with matrixed generalist marketing, sales, and partner organizations.
- Bringing creative energy, courage to throw out the playbook, and think differently.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills. Experienced public speaker.
- Comfort working in a cross-functional role with a highly distributed team.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance phenomenal work with a great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Help us maintain Remotive! If this link is broken, please just click to report dead link!