Director of Product
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Marketplacer is a global SaaS company headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, which enables our customers to create all types of marketplaces. We are recognized as one of the world’s leading providers of online marketplace software.
We are growing fast and are looking for a Product Manager to join the team in our very first Product hire in the USA.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our foundation team in America working with our very first clients. Our growth plans are massive and with that, comes huge opportunities for the right person.
You’ll be the perfect mix of detailed product thinker combined with a love for being client facing. You’re a natural leader with a global mindset, but don’t mind working autonomously either.
- We make it easy for people to sell things they don’t own. We help businesses supercharge their commerce offering by connecting third party sellers.
- Our platform is modular with tools for marketplace operators, sellers and shoppers. Clients either choose our full-stack offering, build a headless commerce experience or connect into another digital commerce platform.
- We are API-driven and we know that our success depends on playing nicely as part of a broader ecosystem.
- Our goal is to make the process of running a marketplace as simple as it can be.
You’ll Spend Time On The Following
- Working with customers, pre-sales, sales, customer success and others to capture gaps that need to be filled.
- Communicating requirements to teams in the US and in Australia to deliver on our promises to customers.
- Collaborating with product managers in Australia to ensure that what we’re building fits into our strategic plan.
- Planning releases, coordinating timeline and tasks with product managers and delivery management
We’re Excited About You If You Have
- At least 5+ years of experience in a product management function. Preferably with a background in commerce.
- Experience working in a small team where your role is defined by the gaps between roles as by the defined role definition.
- Good communication and collaboration skills, with a knack for translating business requirements into problems that engineers will understand.
We Value People Who:
- Be Bold - You’re not afraid to fail fast, you ask for forgiveness not permission, you solve problems other can’t and you’re always innovating
- Be their Best - You’re authentic, balanced, curious and most of all, a good human
- Make it happen - You’re accountable to focus on quality, you measure twice and cut once and most importantly you get sh!t done whilst executing with pace
- Grow together - We have your back because together we win. We are obsessed with our members/customers
- Make it easy - Our products are intuitive, we’re easy to work with and we remove blockers
You’ll love working for us because:
- We’re a culture of smart, fun and values driven people, where everybody’s voice matters
- You’ll be provided with a top-of-the-line laptop of your choice (MacBook, Dell XPS, etc) and any software that you need to do your job
- Plenty of autonomy and opportunity to grow, regular check ins with your manager
- Access to our learning platform with over 90,000 courses & videos to choose from
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈