Clinical Product Owner
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
What you’ll do
In a few words…
Get ready to OWN IT! We don’t call you product owners for the fancy name, we expect you to really own it, make it your baby and really work on making your baby the best out there. That means you will constantly analyze, test, evaluate, and seek improvements of the products in your charge. Business processes design is second nature to you and analysis is like your morning coffee: necessary! Working in the analysis phase of the requirements/system development cycle, a product owner consults with users to determine business requirements, identify operating procedures, evaluate existing or proposed systems, and prepare specifications from which programs will be written. As a Clinical Product Owner, you’re the top detective. Your attention to detail and sharp observational skills help you understand and see what others can’t.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Provide coaching in product analysis and agile disciplines (You get to teach others how to be awesome too!)
- Coordinate product analysis logistics
- Create, update, enhance, or refine User Story
- Create, update, enhance, or refine use and acceptance criteria
- Translate ideas into requirements (Hint: Google won’t help you here.)
- Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) efforts
- Document and assist with user acceptance tests to ensure that documented requirements and business needs are being met
- Create full documentation of actual processes and future processes of the company, departmental policies and procedures, and software application manuals (You finally get to be published!)
- Talk the talk so you can gather project requirements with internal/external clients and technology teams
- Prepare extensively detailed documentation of user story, use cases, and test cases (If you’re wondering how extensive, think Mississippi River.)
- Assist other Product Owners and Product Managers
- Oversee the process of defining requirements and processes to assess the need to help identify solutions for business needs
- Help execute cross-functional projects
- Analyze business solution options (We’re pretty sure you would do this, even if we didn’t pay you.)
- Understand the applications supported and their upstream/downstream impact (Become one with a salmon and swim in any direction.)
- Determine feasibility of business requirements and recommend changes to support business needs and processes
- Evaluate current system processes and identify possible solution options for new functionality or modifications to existing ones. (You’re always looking to improve stuff.)
- Work collaboratively with business partners, SMEs, Developers, and Testers to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements
- Ensure that system solution options are thoroughly researched, analyzed, and documented. (We know one can never research enough, but as long as it’s thorough...)
- Provide support to Quality Assurance on development of test approaches
- Provide support to Applications Development through participation in Design Reviews
- Create project estimates and resource plans for systems solutions
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s Degree (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered.)
- 4+ years of experience in Product Owner, Product Analysis, Business Analysis, and/or System Analysis
- Your computer proficiency levels and Microsoft Office skills are par with Mr. Gates himself (Ok. Maybe not “par”, but you get the idea.) and you know your way around the Internet much better than Google Maps knows the way around your town.
- Basic Knowledge in SQL, data elements, and relational databases
- 1 – 2 years of experience in Healthcare, Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit industries, Medicare Part D, and CMS regulations.
- You must be able to communicate effectively (read, write, meme, wish, curse, and de-curse, unbind, or whatever you call it) in English. If you can do that in Spanish too, it would be an awesome plus!
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Challenge Accepted: You love a challenge. In fact, you get bored if not challenged, and that’s good, because we will challenge you to be the best.
- Leader/Mentor: You like it when people succeed and even more when it’s someone from your team. You advise, counsel, guide, teach, preach, and overreach, sprinkling your pixie dust so everyone can shine.
- Organization Guru: You crave organization like sugar, color-code everything, and messes make you crazy.
- Detailed: You notice everything, every little thing; and you rarely forget any of it. Your attention to detail borders on photographic and your spirit animal is a hawk. If anything changes, you notice. Obviously, this also applies to your plans and activities. Minute by minute schedules might be a bit excessive for some, but not for you.
- Analytical & Critical Thinking: Perhaps we should include the word “over” in this description, because you basically over-analyze ever minute detail of absolutely everything to the point of exhaustion. That goes for your planning too, which is why you’re always 3 steps ahead of the game. (Excel spreadsheets for vacation schedules are a bit extreme, though.)
- Customer Service: Your attention to detail focuses on the customer so you know what they need even before they do. You manage difficult emotional customer situations with grace, meet commitments, and respond to service and assistance requests.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈