is on a mission to pioneer a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We are rethinking learning so that we can address the needs of both students and employers in tandem. We’re a progressive alternative to traditional college and fast track bootcamps. Lambda is an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career. We offer both full time and part time courses to our students.
Lambda has successfully completed funding rounds with premier tier venture investors and we have students in almost every State across the United States. We’re looking for passionate, talented people who want to change the way the world thinks about higher education and unlock human potential, regardless of circumstance.
If that sounds exciting to you, let’s talk. Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. Lambda School welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve and are looking to grow into. This includes women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, individuals who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lambda Labs is a 4 week project based learning experience where students work cross functionally in data science and web development teams to build products for external clients. In the past, students have developed dynamic data visualizations, prediction tools, and web applications to serve a variety of external clients.
Lambda School is seeking a Client Product Manager - Labs to source, scope, and manage these products.
What you'll do:
- Lead a sourcing effort to find external stakeholders such as non-profits, mission driven companies, or other social impact organizations
- Work cross functionally with engineering managers to scope products to meet the technical requirements for our students
- Create detailed product roadmaps from high level requirements into user stories
- Train student technical project leads on the products they will lead and how to manage client relations
- Defining and owning a product on-boarding process for students
- Create a process for managing a large set of clients that scales
- Meet regularly with external clients to understand if students are meeting their technical needs in order to inform curriculum
What you'll have
- 2+ years experience communicating and scoping technical solutions with external clients
- 2+ years experience working cross functionally and at all levels of an organization
- Analytical, design, project management, and problem-solving experience
- Excellent communication skills and comfort with public speaking
- An understanding of web development and/or data science
- Experience building software products
Lambda School is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, veteran or military status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Lambda School is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. Please let us know if you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.