Chief Product Evangelist
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
POSITION: CHIEF EVANGELIST
Wallarm is a cloud-native security company focused on helping organizations secure their modern APIs and applications. We are headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Y Combinator, Toba Capital, Partech and Runa Capital.
We are looking for a Chief Evangelist with a passion for cloud-native software to drive our application security strategy and promote security and compliance best practices for the community. The successful candidate will serve as an influential technical ambassador to the API security and Kubernetes communities with the goal of gaining a following of end users who champion cloud-native security and the Wallarm platform. This role is customer facing and will serve as a subject matter expert and spokesperson at executive forums, customer engagements and provide real-world experience, best practices and product guidance to elevate awareness and differentiate Wallarm Security solutions from competition.
Who you are:
- You’re our sales team’s best friend. You make sure they have everything they need to turn leads into sales and to do outbound prospecting. Battle cards, prospect ready videos, conversion tips and tricks, FAQs, product teasers, facts & figures, and other great funnel catalysts.
- You’re our rockstar on stage. You build videos, organize webinars and deliver demos as great performances to show the world how awesome our solutions are.
- You live in digital media. Video content, podcasts, customer interviews, and social media engagement are what you do every day.
- Customers will remember your name. You’ll be the person they remember and want to see again. You get our community to love what we have to offer and become a community who engages with us. You’ll be owning a lot of our social media engagements with our digital audiences.
- Your KPI’s will be: online assets impressions (CTR), social media engagement, online & public speaking engagements quality feedback, leads generated from speaking arrangements
- Drive our open source efforts in collaboration with our Product and Engineering leaders
- Establish recognition within the application security community as a top expert on cloud-native API security
- Provide influential thought leadership to Kubernetes end users that shape their approach to topics that include, but are not limited to, security, operations, and management
- Engage with key stakeholders within the community including the OWASP board, CNCF Governing Board, KONG API Gateway community as well as leaders of Special Interest Groups (SIGs) to influence key community decisions
- Speak at Tier 1 industry events such as AppSec, DefCon, and KubeCon
- Act as a subject matter expert on key trends and technologies that are shaping the direction of the cloud-native ecosystem
- Collaborate with marketing to develop high-impact messaging and content in various forms such as technical demos, product showcase videos, blog posts, whitepaprs, podcasts or others
- Increase brand awareness of Wallarm as the leading API security company
- Support delivery of sales training and readiness activities for Wallarm channel partners & selected customers
- 5+ years of experience in developer advocacy or evangelism, software engineering, customer-facing marketing, product or sales role within the security market. CISO experience desired.
- Substantial hands-on experience with container technologies (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker)
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies, tooling and/or cloud platforms (e.g., Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- Interest in DevSecOps, security engineering and methodologies
- Demonstrated track record of open source contributions, community engagement, public speaking, and authored content
- Great public speaking skills and experience with technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of individuals, both inside and outside the company.
- Business and technical writing skills.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced environment.
- Well-recognized profile within the application security community and/or CNCF ecosystem
- Successful track record in influencing adoption of new technologies and/or products
- Knowledge of security engineering, architectures and/or tooling
- BA degree required, MBA desirable
- Market Expertise & Industry Knowledge
- Product Marketing & Marketing Communications
- Writing & Presentation Skills
- Program Definition, Execution & Measurement
- Global and Regional Sensitivity
- Project Management
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈