Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $20 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, home equity lines of credit (HELOC) and the upcoming launch of our first credit card product. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
Accountability at all levels drives results
Collaboration creates better solutions
Excellence leads to longevity
Diversity fuels our innovation
Simplicity guides our user experience
Integrity defines all our relationships
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Prosper is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. Our philosophy as a business is to approach the COVID-19 situation with empathy and urgency. Prosper’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees and of the communities we serve, including our customers, partners, prospects, and candidates. In accordance with this priority, along with our legal responsibility to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and free of known hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all of our employees to receive vaccinations, unless they have an approved accommodation.
An associate Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product requirements, making real time trade off decisions based on ROI, and working closely with engineering, design, marketing, legal, and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Problems You Will Solve
- Understand our customers’ & prospects’ user needs
- Work closely with the lead PM to understand the roadmap and business rationale for the key capabilities this associate PM will own
- Work with internal stakeholders from marketing, legal, operations, and executive management to translate business needs into product requirements
- Define and build features that optimize the way search engines crawl, index and rank Prosper Marketplace
- Work with designers, developers (both locally and remotely), Q/A testers and subject matter experts to get requirements well scoped, designed, tested and launched
- Be able to drive disruptive innovative solutions in a customer centric and agile environment
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product features, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Work with engineering and data science to analyze data and conduct experiments (A/B tests) in order to optimize the product in pursuit of an improved customer experience and business metrics.
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team
- Keep stakeholders updated on project process and trade-offs
- Ability to lead and resolve questions and conflicts across organizational stakeholders
- Be an impactful contributor within the group
All About You
- 1-2 years of relevant product management or technology development experience
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent consumer facing features
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into technical detail
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to dive deeply into specific functional areas and learn a domain
- Desire to innovate and come up with ideas to help drive the product forward
- Excellent project management skills - delivery and action oriented
- Superior communication skills
- Experience in financial services a plus
- Ability to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people's lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
- The ability to work remotely in the United States
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.
At Prosper, we're looking for people with passion, integrity, and a hunger to learn. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your unique skill set and diverse perspective will stand out and set you apart from other candidates. Prosper thrives with people who think outside of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo. We invite you to join us on our mission to advance financial well-being.
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time